Only a couple from here...

Only a couple from here...

Postby Kevin & Denise » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:41 pm

Well sadly we only have a few different things to post in this section. Hopefully that will change over time.

Thanks for looking...

Kevin
Kevin & Denise
SA Reptiles Member

Postby apartje » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:04 pm

:D Ohw! Shiiiiiiine!!! I am like a crow, i just love snakes that shine so beautifull as the one at the third picture! :smt004
apartje
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bushviper » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:09 am

The first and second pic would technically not be indigenous to South Africa and should go under exotic non venomous.

We do have Dasypeltis medici but only the nominate race. I have only ever seen two of these found in Northern KZN near the Mozambique border.

Apartjie dont ask me the specifics but I have an idea the word Lamprophis has something to do with the shine on these snakes. I must say that specimen is particularly shiny too. Always a sign of a healthy snake.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby Irock » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:01 pm

Bushviper wrote:Apartjie dont ask me the specifics but I have an idea the word Lamprophis has something to do with the shine on these snakes. I must say that specimen is particularly shiny too. Always a sign of a healthy snake.

I also read that somewhere last night...Means "Shiney serpent" or something...again, don't ask me specifics! :lol:

I love the shine that Housies have! Its so so pretty!
~Meg~

1.0 Normal 1.0 Anery Motley 1.0 Butter 0.1 Ghost Motley 1.1 Reverse Okeetee 0.1 Caramel het hypo 0.1 Ultramel het caramel 1.0 Hi Red Blood 0.1 Amel hurricane motley het caramel 0.1 Amel stripe Poss. het anery ?.? Lavender
Irock
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Kevin & Denise » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:40 pm

Thanks alot for the info given about select species, and really sorry about the mix-up, hopefully will not happen again.
You mentioned "Northern KZN near the Mozambique border", where is KZN exactly? Thanks...

Kevin
Kevin & Denise
SA Reptiles Member

Postby froot » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:55 pm

KZN (Kwa Zulu Natal) is a province in South Africa that runs along the eastern coast up to Mozambique, whip out a world map and you should see it pretty easily.
We salute the improvement of the human genome by honoring those who remove themselves from it.
Of necessity, this honor is generally bestowed posthumously. - www.darwinawards.com
froot
Founder Member

Return to Brown house snakes (Lamprophis (Boaedon) capensis)