The best setup for these tree vipers

The best setup for these tree vipers

Postby D@RRYL » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:49 pm

Hi guys im getting back into keeping a few venomous snakes and white lips are on top of my list.
Just wanted to know your views and ideas on the different ways or setups that is good looking as they make awesome display snakes. I have used peat as as substrate glass diamond tank as enclosure and a exo terra under tank heat pad
for keeping humid and warm temperatures, and they have bred under these conditions.Im wanting to know if i could use any other substrates as the peat is abit messy ,is the other ways that i could setup my enclosures, easier maintainance .

Thank you!

D>:?"<
The bible says we have been given the power to tred apon serpants and scorpion. Please watch your step....
D@RRYL
SA Reptiles Member

Re: The best setup for these tree vipers

Postby Urucone » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:22 pm

You can use astroturf or carpet, you just have to throw water on the floor(ontop of the carpet around every third day.
as long as you keep quiet, no one will notice that your dumb
Urucone
SA Reptiles Member

Postby D@RRYL » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:39 am

Thank you , i will try it out and it does sound like an easier method for maintainance.
The bible says we have been given the power to tred apon serpants and scorpion. Please watch your step....
D@RRYL
SA Reptiles Member

Postby CarlaSmit87 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:50 am

Hey Darryl did you manage to obtain those white lips? Must say it was a great deal.... R200 each and R600 for four!
CarlaSmit87
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Whitelipp » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:44 am

I use bark chips... Its easy to clean and it holds moisture so misting once every second day will keep humidity high enough...
Dont bite, strike!!!!

Dont keep it real, keep it EXOTIC!!!
Whitelipp
SA Reptiles Member

Postby D@RRYL » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:25 am

Hi guys ,

Thats an intresting subtrate to use whitelip , i didnt even think of that and it would be less messy , thanks for the idea.
Carla i didnt get them from that guy because he was unable to give me ones that were sexed so i got them from vuduman R50.00 more but they are sexed and paired of, im only obtaining them today so i cant wait :D

Thanks again guys!

Regards

Darryl
D@RRYL
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Whitelipped tree vipers (Cryptelytrops albolabris)