Misting problem?

Re: Misting problem?

Postby Spider » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:56 pm

LOL I wonder if it wouldn't be best if one off the moderators can lock this topic now? Before it gets out of hand.
“When spider webs unite, they can tie up a lion”
Spider
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Urucone » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:56 pm

Let me start with, all my reptiles are healthy and get the best attention, there is allot of people that know my animals and they can confirm this, my wife, Tails and scales, Marcell 2992, WFA, Bergsma and Ryuu the list goes on ...........

I figure out something that will work, it’s a glass chamber approx 100l x 100b x 400h with a pump and a aquarium heater, I’ve build a proto type and it works great so I'm off to the hardware.

@ Justinvbreda - I have around 100 snakes to take care of plus a additional 20 odd lizards between my house and the shop, dogs, a kid, a wife and farm animals, I work from 8:00 - 18:00 and I'm busy with my own business on the side, it happens that I don't see my snakes for a day or two so I try to get my cages in such a way that they need a minimal interference from me and believe me when I say my enclosure set me back thousands of rands, the wife helps with the lizards but the snakes is entirely something different.

@Marcbt - Rainmakers won’t work it's a wooden enclosure with a glass bottom. Misting system can’t work it's in a stack and the whole unit is mounted to the wall and its wood.

I hoped that someone could help me with an Idea something I did'nt think of, but like usual I solved my own problem.
And for the record I did google and didnt find anything that could help.

Thanks for the guy's that gave your insight , appreciate it.
as long as you keep quiet, no one will notice that your dumb
Urucone
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Ryuu » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:05 pm

Sounds Like you are all sorted. keep us up to date on the new idea please I for one would like to see how it works.
Ryuu
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Tails'nScales » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:13 pm

Ladies, stop, kiss and make up..

@Christo. I have a bright idea to solve this little problem of yours..
i7 990X @ 5.0Ghz Antec Cooled | ASUS ROG R3 Formula | 12GB Dominators 6x2GB @ 1866Mhz | ASUS ROG MATRIX GTX580 SLI
Tails'nScales
SA Reptiles Member

Postby justinvBreda » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:14 pm

Yes, this forum is awesome! By explaining to Christo that there is a search function I am aiding him, same as if I mention that new sentences begin with a capital letter I am aiding you. It is dubbed constructive criticism, yes this witter, burble, blether, chatter, natter, drivel and nonsense is over. At Christo we all love our animals to death and want the best for them, your day seems to be jam packed! Why don't you just keep a select few, that way you could admire them everyday and enjoy them for their beauty, as opposed to having too many that you cannot devote your full attention too and possibly not notice something wrong which can result in something disastrous..but best of luck with that.
justinvBreda
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Boskobra » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:19 pm

You could have just said the first time go check there, manners boet, you supose to have THAT in public every day!
"Winners are losers who got up and gave it one more try. "

Eben Keet
Boskobra
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Tails'nScales » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:23 pm

Round 2

FIGHT!!
i7 990X @ 5.0Ghz Antec Cooled | ASUS ROG R3 Formula | 12GB Dominators 6x2GB @ 1866Mhz | ASUS ROG MATRIX GTX580 SLI
Tails'nScales
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Ryuu » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:26 pm

I will take no further part in this trivial argument.
Ryuu
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Hustler » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:28 pm

Anyone brought the salt for the popcorn? Sooo just wondering, what about a simple waterbowl?
The man who has no imagination has no wings. -Muhammad Ali

You can live every day like a man. But if you do not die like a man then it all means nothing.
- Egan Inoue
Hustler
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Ryuu » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:35 pm

Google Search wrote:White-lips don't really drink water from a container. They will drink off their own and each others bodies, off leaves and off the side of the enclosure. You should be misting the enclosure for both humidity and drinking water but I just leave a shallow container of water on the bottom anyway, even if they don't use it to drink it will aid with humidity.

That's why he doesn't use a simple Bowl

But now you got me in the mood for Popcorn :D
Ryuu
SA Reptiles Member

Postby it_bit_me » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:45 pm

I see you get a misting pipe that doesn't need a pump, they work on 12 bar (normal house taps are more than that).
You can add a water-timer to it.
If I'm gonna be an old, lonely man, I'm gonna need a thing, you know, a hook, like that guy on the subway who eats his own face. So I figure I'll be Crazy Man with a Snake, y'know. Crazy Snake Man. And I'll get more snakes, call them my babies, kids won't walk past my place, they will run. "Run away from Crazy Snake Man, " they'll shout!”
it_bit_me
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Hustler » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:11 pm

@Ryuu, then all of the whitelips that I have seen drinking from a waterbowl must either be retarded or confusing themselves for boas ;) .
The man who has no imagination has no wings. -Muhammad Ali

You can live every day like a man. But if you do not die like a man then it all means nothing.
- Egan Inoue
Hustler
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Nineve » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:14 pm

Here is the enclosure in question

@justinvBreda - Sheim, how can they live like this......

-Pics Fixed- Wes
Nineve
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Tails'nScales » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:22 pm

Nineve wrote:Here is the enclosure in question

@justinvBreda - Sheim, how can they live like this......

Absolutly shocking! I can't belive you let there animals suffer like this! :D
Tails'nScales
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Pythonodipsas » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:24 pm

I made an DIY rain system for my arboreal vipers that spanned 3 large aquariums. It was very 'make-shift' but it worked well and was inexpensive. I have a video of it somewhere which I will try find and put up here.

I used garden lawn sprinklers mounted upside-down on the inside of custom made lids. A separate reservoir with an aquarium pump connected to aquarium hosing would pump water to these sprinklers.

Using a glass drill bit I drilled a hole in the bottom corner of each tank to allow for drainage. I had little pipes coming out of these holes which all led to a larger pipe with ran to a drain outside. I also made a false bottom composed of plastic grating wrapped in shade cloth so the substrate of mulch would not get waterlogged and the drainage pipes would not get blocked with bits of bark, etc. I also had to slightly elevate the tanks opposite corner so that the water drained toward the drain hole and pipe.

It was a make-shift manual system in the way that I had to fill the reservoir with water before manually turning the power on the pump. It could easily have been modified to be fed water from a tap with a valve and controlled with an automatic timer switch. This way you can go away for vacation and know your snake will be watered.

The tricky part was finding the right type of sprinkler to create a soft rain effect.
`
If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise.
Roger Waters & David Gilmour - 1979
Pythonodipsas
SAReptiles Techie

PreviousNext

Return to Whitelipped tree vipers (Cryptelytrops albolabris)