as promised

as promised

Postby herpaworld » Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:26 pm

hi guys,

as promised (one year ago, shame on me), i will post some picture of our critters at HerpaWorld.
today i posted pictures of some of our cobras, i am sure you like it. i dont have picture form all species by now, but i will post the other species as soon i have some shots on them. i am most impressed and fascinated by elapids, and my target is to be the first, who keep all known cobra species on earth. well, i am working on it. i am very pleased with our breeding success, almost all species been breed already here at the facility.

we keep and breed this moment follow true cobras here at the zoo:

Naja philippinensis
Naja samarensis
Naja melanoleuca
Naja nivea
Naja annulifera
Naja naja (sri lanka)
Naja nubiae
Naja kauothia
Naja haje legiones
Naja sumatrana
Naja atra
Naja mossambica

(do i forgot somethings?)

by the way, we sale once in a while our offspring, if somebody is interested, just drop me a mail or pm.

cheers
Mario
Zoological Institute of HerpaWorld inc.
Puerto Galera, Oriental Mindoro
Philippines
www.herpaworld.com
http://venomland.forumotions.com
herpaworld
SA Reptiles Member

Postby herpaworld » Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:37 pm

by the way,

one important point, why i came here to this forum is the fact, that the way you guys communicate with each other is professional and respectful. i be a member of a some international, well known forums for quiet some time, and i have chosen to not post their anymore anything. i am quiet busy here and i certainly got no time for disrespectful, personal and stupid discussions on most of this boards. i like to congratulate you guys for the culture you keep on at your board. many professional working herpetologist have the very same experience as i do. members of other boards still keep wondering why they get no qualified answers anymore. well, thats why. i am sure, your board will be one time a leading place for worthy informations on venomous snakes in the world. keep up the good work!

respectfully yours
Mario Lutz
Philippines
www.herpaworld.com
herpaworld
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Nasicornis » Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:03 pm

Thanks you very much for the compliment. I am sure that everyone here feels the same way as you do and I think that is why everything is always kept as proffessional as possible. We really have some great people here who try their very best to assist everyone else where possible.
No dangerous reptiles, only dangerous keepers
Nasicornis
SA Reptiles Honorary Member

Postby xerophak » Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:09 am

you are my hero !!! lolololo
xerophak
SA Reptiles Member

Postby froot » Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:12 am

Congratulations on that collection herpaworld, it seems you have pretty much all the major species. One I can think of off the bat that might be a good addition is Naja nigricollis, another amazing species.

Thanks for the compliment on our forum, it gave me a nice warm feeling inside. That is exactly what we aim to achieve, professionalism for experienced members as well as assistance for new reptile enthusiasts.
We salute the improvement of the human genome by honoring those who remove themselves from it.
Of necessity, this honor is generally bestowed posthumously. - www.darwinawards.com
froot
Founder Member

Postby Bushviper » Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:42 am

Thanks for the compliments.

I know Rinkhals are not cobras but they are very close. Possibly you need some of those?

I see you do not include King cobras as a true cobra. Do you have any news about the different species of King cobras?
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby Bushbaby » Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:34 pm

That's an impressive list. Do you have any photo's of your setup there, and the cages you keep the cobras in?

Thank you for the compliment on the forum. It's nice to have a bunch of good natured members on the forum. That makes it a nice place to be. ;)
http://www.snakebiteassist.co.za
http://www.reptileexpo.co.za
http://www.boaconstrictors.co.za
Bushbaby
SA Reptiles Admin

Postby herpaworld » Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:22 am

froot wrote:Congratulations on that collection herpaworld, it seems you have pretty much all the major species. One I can think of off the bat that might be a good addition is Naja nigricollis, another amazing species.

Thanks for the compliment on our forum, it gave me a nice warm feeling inside. That is exactly what we aim to achieve, professionalism for experienced members as well as assistance for new reptile enthusiasts.

hi froot,

thanks, trust me, there is much more needed as nigricollis only.
and keep up the good work here.

cheers
Philippines
www.herpaworld.com
herpaworld
SA Reptiles Member

Postby herpaworld » Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:32 am

Bushviper wrote:Thanks for the compliments.

I know Rinkhals are not cobras but they are very close. Possibly you need some of those?

I see you do not include King cobras as a true cobra. Do you have any news about the different species of King cobras?

yes, we will add other elapids to our collection, rinkhals are need and they on the list already. and i was not including king cobras as they are Ophiophagus not naja, just my way to see it. we have 3 true cobras and one king cobra species in the philippines. regarding the systematics of ophiophagus, well sorry BV, you still need to wait. WW and me working on the philippinen king cobras together, and it is very hard to get all the samples from all the places done. i can´t say, when there will be a paper on the ophiophagus complex and for that matter, i really cant give you informations about this. there are still surprises, i can tell you that much. so, let us finish our research first, and will let you know more about this later. hope you understand

cheer
Mario
Philippines
www.herpaworld.com
herpaworld
SA Reptiles Member

Postby herpaworld » Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:59 am

Bushbaby wrote:That's an impressive list. Do you have any photo's of your setup there, and the cages you keep the cobras in?

Thank you for the compliment on the forum. It's nice to have a bunch of good natured members on the forum. That makes it a nice place to be. ;)

your welcome, thank you.

ok, i dont have really good pictures where you can see the whole set-up. hope they will do. thats inside our snake-house I. at this facility we keep almost all cobras (except those on display). the house is also used for some of our pit-viper breeding groups.

Laboratories

inside the nursing station

cheers
Mario
Philippines
www.herpaworld.com
herpaworld
SA Reptiles Member

Postby snakepeter » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:34 am

Hello Mario...

Well, that`s very impressive facility, thanks a lot for sharing it with us. That`s the way I like to have snake rooms like. We are working on something similar.... ;)
Although as you said this room isn`t used for display, it looks like part of some very nice exposition... Congratulation. We all have what to learn from this pictures (at least I can... ;-)

Best regards,
Peter
snakepeter
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Nasicornis » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:25 am

Do you perhaps have Naja sputatrix on your wish list?
No dangerous reptiles, only dangerous keepers
Nasicornis
SA Reptiles Honorary Member

Postby Long John Silver » Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:48 pm

After all the sh!t i've been given at work, just let me know if you want an assistant, Mario

Here's my CV
One slightly overweight male looking for employment. Been called a insentitive lazy bum by girlfriend occasionally (willing to travel very very far). Huge passion for snakes. I do however have a couple of relatives in Boksburg (hope it doesnt afect my application adversely)
Murphy's law in Herping: "If the snake is within range, so are you"
Long John Silver
SA Reptiles Member

Postby steve » Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:32 pm

Wow mate! That’s a very impressive facility you have there...allot of blood sweat and tears went into it im sure.
Id give my left you know what…to have the opportunity to be involved in something on that level.
We need places like this in South Africa.
vipers?
steve
SA Reptiles Member

Postby gaboon69 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:52 pm

BV,so you saying a king cobra is not a true cobra?Thats really interesting.
I know their not naja,but what is the argument then?
mmm
Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life ~
Rachel Carson
gaboon69
SA Reptiles Member

Next

Return to Cobras (Naja sp.)