Cascabel babies

Cascabel babies

Postby Boadicea » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:43 pm

My story with my Crotalus durissus is not yet over for the year as I discovered this today at around 5pm. The pics were taken through the glass by the way and so are not as clear as they could have been. These are not the snakes that gave me my brush with death last Friday night. They are my other pair.
The birthing:

Mother and child. The babies are quite a bit darker than the adults. Very pretty and pretty deadly :)

Seriously cute

Proud parents. They really are beautiful rattlers with the striping on their necks
"You and I wear the dangerous looseness of doom and find it becoming. Life, for eternal us, is now; and now is much too busy being a little more than everything to seem anything, catastrophic included"- e e cummings
Boadicea
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Cascabel babies

Postby Pythonodipsas » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:53 pm

Oh now that is a lovely sight and surely welcome after your recent woes. Are these C. d. terrificus?
`
If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise.
Roger Waters & David Gilmour - 1979
Pythonodipsas
SAReptiles Techie

Postby Superciliaris » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:09 am

Pythonodipsas wrote:Oh now that is a lovely sight and surely welcome after your recent woes. Are these C. d. terrificus?

They are def terrific animals craig.

Good Job Debs , watch the elbows now !!! Hey you can sell the babies and get a blackhead female :)))))
Life is the greatest adventure imaginable.
Superciliaris
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bushviper » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:59 pm

Nice babies.

Well they have to help cover the medical costs of their other buddy. Then possibly a female black headed python.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Return to Rattlesnakes (Crotalus sp.)