Leopard Gecko

Leopard Gecko

Postby ElizeMorgan » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:05 am

Please help! My F leo had 2 eggs in Oct last year(2013). Both hatched. She is pregnant again (can see the eggs in her stomach) but not laying the eggs? conditions the same as previous time which she had no problem to lay. Its been almost 3 months now? why does she not lay her eggs?
ElizeMorgan
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Leopard Gecko

Postby mania » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:02 pm

Hi Elize
I use to breed Leopard Geckos a couple years back, and normal time period from the laying of one batch to the next batch it would take two to four weeks. Longest Ive had was up to six weeks. So it sounds to me that she is egg bound. What I would recommend is to put her in luke warm water just so the anal is covered and leave her there for about 30min but just keep an eye on her to watch she doesn't submerge her head , then take her out and put her back in the tank and see over night if nothing comes out, otherwise the best option is to take her to a vet as soon as you can.
Hope that helps
leave no rock unturned
mania
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Leopard Gecko

Postby Bushviper » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:42 am

Make sure she has more than enough calcium to ingest. That is very important during the entire breeding process for females. Unless she is stressed dont worry about the eggs.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Return to Indigenous geckos