Flap Neck I think...

Re: Flap Neck I think...

Postby Leopard » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:47 pm

Wessel baby flap neck chameleons can look very similar to baby veiled chameleons. You should tell your freind to only sell those babies when they are atleast 2 months old anyway, at that size they are really fragile.
The setup you are using sounds quite good for the chameleon and it should do well, make sure it stays nice and warm though and keep it well hydrated, mist it aswell as use the dripper.

Its still hard to tell if its a veiled or flap neck but in the first pic it looks like a veiled to me. Please try your best to post an even better quality picture. Releasing a veiled would be bad, just hang onto him and enjoy him. Ive already heard a story of an adult male veiled being caught from a garden in JHB, lets not pull a USA stunt here.
Leopard
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Flap Neck I think...

Postby F1refly » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:39 am

Before we all get up in arms, first we need to confirm what Chameleon species it is. As has been mentioned before, veileds can look very similar to flap necks at an early age. We shouldn't all get worked up if were not entirely sure on what it is yet. All there is to do is wait and see. Please keep us updated man.
"Welcome to Megaton, the Bomb is perfectely safe" - Deputy Weld, Fallout 3

"People don't die in America because of lack of Health Insurance. People die in America because people die in America" - Stephen Colbert

"Just because you don't understand how electricity works, doesn't mean it's the work of god"

Reptiles
1.0.0 Python regius
0.1.0 Pogona vitticeps
0.0.1 Elaphe guttata guttata
0.0.1 Eublepharis macularis
F1refly
SA Reptiles Member

Previous

Return to Indigenous chameleons