TC 200

TC 200

Postby MeMBraNe » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:12 pm

Hi all,

I do see there are various answers to configuring the TC - 200. But honestly i still find them unclear.
Iv'e had my tc 200 for abt 2 months now. have a basking lamp and Heat pad connected to it.

This is my scenario that i want, so i am asking if it can be done with this unit or do i need Two. (Am Considering a Hydrostat)

1st question
Can you only have it on either Heat/Cool not both.
Is it supposed to switch off say my Heat Pad once my day temp is reached. Then on again when it falls within my DL

2nd question

can i have my basking lamp on say from 10am-11am and on again from 3pm - 4pm (say on l1)
Heat pads continually stay on l2 and will it switch off once my temps are reached (27.7 basically to maintain that temp all day all night)

Or am i requiring to much from this unit.
MeMBraNe
SA Reptiles Member

Re: TC 200

Postby bradmiller » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:38 pm

Q1:
Only heat or cold not both
Yes, it will switch on your pad until it reaches your day time max. then switch off and on to keep it at that temp. DL is for the acceptable amount over the max temp before the alarm goes off

Q2:
Yes - the light timer - the second circuit has 2 on off functions.
So set l1 timer to 10-11 and the second timer to 3-4

I am not sure by the sounds of things you have wired it up correctly - send me a pic and I will confirm it.

The heat pad should be on the yellow live circuit and the light on the black live circuit
You know, you can touch a stick of dynamite, but if you touch a venomous snake it’ll turn around and bite you and kill you so fast it’s not even funny.
- Steve Irwin - The Crocodile Hunter
bradmiller
SA Reptiles Member

Postby MeMBraNe » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:51 pm

Thanks for the response. I have the pre-configured one? with the plug points already connected. I had a choice before i bought and selected this one.

Its just my system doesnt seem to be running correctly, and am concerned for the well being of my GTP

Is plug point I for heatpads and plug point II for basking or vice versa? i will attached a picture and short vid on my next post if thats alight?
MeMBraNe
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Westley Price » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:22 pm

I use these ones with great success.

Yes, plug point I is for the heat source (switching on and off as required by your set temp) and point II is your light source.

I have seen two varieties, one with a plastic sensor and one with a metal sensor. The metal one rusted slightly after prolonged use which caused some issues, but the plastic probe worked perfectly.
"I am dying by inches from not having anybody to talk to about insects." - Charles Darwin
Westley Price
Forum gatekeeper

Return to Electrical accessories & techniques