Lighting for looks/heat

Lighting for looks/heat

Postby bubblesharp » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:58 pm

Hi guys,

Tomorrow we will be finishing my new enclosure. We have already installed LED lighting which is out of reach of the snakes. We will however need to add something for heat also. I have one of the large heat pads that will go in but the thing is this is quite a big display enclosure. It is for my two rat snakes, Yellow and Black. They are by no means rare or even that exotic, but I do love them and love to show them off to friends.
It is very important to me that whatever light goes in will look really nice.

If any one has any tips or suggestions that I can use please post them, I would really appreciate it. Sometimes something small might have slipped my mind, and all someone need is a reminder.

I will post some pictures tomorrow of the enclosure as soon as We have set up the LED's. All wiring still needs to be done tomorrow night, so its still a very blank pallet to start working on.

Something else the exterior is black and it has two glass doors opening to the top. The original design of just one door was way too heavy.

Thanks
Eben Brits
Cell 071 603 6596
BBM 27E1FDF4
bubblesharp
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Lighting for looks/heat

Postby bubblesharp » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:55 pm

This is the old Enclosure

The new enclosure with room lights on

The new Enclosure with all lights off, and the LED lights on

I have decided that in the mean time there is no need for any additional lighting, the current heat pad and red 40w lamp is giving off just the right amount of heat for the two rat snakes. They are also a little bit more active, and come out off hiding a bit more than what they did in the old enclosure.
Eben Brits
Cell 071 603 6596
BBM 27E1FDF4
bubblesharp
SA Reptiles Member

Postby reptilefeeders » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:26 am

I know this is a bit of an old thread but was wondering what would you all need(electrical wise) to put in LED's in a cage to run on 220v?
reptilefeeders
SA Reptiles Member

Postby bubblesharp » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:45 pm

You will need a transformer, most LEDs run on 12v, while a few of the more expensive ones run on 24v. I have seen some 220v LEDs on an international site, but can't recall the site name. The LEDs we used is the same type as in the company Logo boxes.
Eben Brits
Cell 071 603 6596
BBM 27E1FDF4
bubblesharp
SA Reptiles Member

Postby LinwoodKellon » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:00 pm

We have already installed flexible led strip lighting which is out of reach of the snakes. We will however need to add something for heat also. led strip lighting LED Tube
I have one of the large heat pads that will go in but the thing is this is quite a big display enclosure. :smt021
LinwoodKellon
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Shamrock » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:41 am

Don't worry, its completely tame . . .
Shamrock
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Enclosure building