Outdoor Cage for Beardie

Outdoor Cage for Beardie

Postby xclusiv213 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:19 pm

Hey guys, il looking to build an Outdoor cage for my beardie. it will only b used for a few hours a day. jus for him to bask in natural sunlight. He has his Mayan Themed cage and he seems really happy with it. i drew up a 3D sketch. Could youll give me any advice or tips please. i really appreciated the help on my last build for the Indoor cage

Heres the sketch
outdoor tank2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
xclusiv213
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Outdoor Cage for Beardie

Postby Bushviper » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:17 pm

Rule one. Never use wire mesh inside a cage. Use a softer mesh like cloth or plastic and then wire outside of that. The wire protects the animals from any outside attack and the inner mesh stops them from rubbing their noses to pieces.

The lid needs to be at least one third solid wood so that there is always an area which is shaded. Put in a place they can climb on to bask and an area where they can burrow into when they feel threatened. You might not be home and the mynah birds try to attack them so give them an escape plan.

Natural sunlight is always a winner.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Re: Outdoor Cage for Beardie

Postby xclusiv213 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:52 pm

Thanks for the advice Bushviper, can i use jus the plastic mesh? if not i will use Shade cloth for the inside and use chickenwire on the outside. i will use only chicken wire on the roof of the cage for more sunlight. i was thinking of putting a shelf about half way up with a staircase, so the lower half will have shade and the basking spot will b on top. and i will provide a suitible hide if he feels threatened.
xclusiv213
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Enclosure building