A Warning Do not let this happen to you.

Here is the place to discuss anything not related to reptiles and does not fall into any other catagories.

A Warning Do not let this happen to you.

Postby URSULA » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:06 pm

Perhaps by speaking out this will not happen to any one else. I sit here in PE and this "person" is in Durban. And this makes things a bit more difficult for me to resolve. I hate to air “dirty Landry” but what else can I do? He has no right to get away with this type of thing and if he would take one of my calls perhaps we could have sorted things out without this type of thing.

My side of the story: A few months ago I made the decision to sell my snakes I lack the time and place to care for them properly so I contacted a few people who said they would be interested in the bigger snakes. I sent out a mail and to my surprise this Person phoned and booked most of them. My concern at the time was not the money ,more that they went to a good place. This was in October some time. Anyway after a few delays he said for me to send some of them. I told him could pay them off and he agreed to pay half on the 7th (the day I sent them) and the other half on the 10th of Jan. On the 8th he phoned to say sorry he did not get out to the bank and would be going later that day He was VERY HAPPY with the snakes that he received. By the 10th no money was in my account and I phoned “Things are hectic will do a deposit asasp” I am told. He then phoned me the Sunday to say that he had asked a friend to transfer half of the money to me. By the end of Monday, no money. I phoned again , he swears the money will be in with in the following few days as the person he asked to pay me has made off with his money or something. !!!!!
By Sunday his phone was off, no answer at the other no’s either. So on Monday I sent him a email stating I want my snakes back, he has no right to sell them (he has advertised some of them) or my money. No reply, by yesterday his phone is on but he will not answer my calls He sent a message that he would ring me back later as he was in a meeting. So being the complete idiot that I am I left it. Still no phone call and he now kills the call when I phone from my cell and does not answer when I ring him from the work no.
I was under the impression that most people were honest, foolish of me I know!. I have no idea where my snakes are and if he can treat a person like this how well is he caring for them?
NEVER believe anyone and when it comes to money I suppose none of us has anyone we can trust. If he thinks for one minute I will stop hounding him he is very mistaken. I am now at boiling point. Why must I, who went out of my way to accommodate him, not to offer the snakes anywhere else etc, have to phone and beg to get an answer form this person? He even told me his mother died and asked if I could return the money he deposited for one of the snakes. I believed him and did so straight away, this was in early December. The same mother paid the money for the transport to me on the 7th Jan but did not have any more money on her for the rest! The stories I have been told are quite amassing and too many to mention. I can not believe that I was so stupid but I did send them in good faith now I am VERY sorry that I did.
He has some of my favourite snakes and making the decision to sell them was in no way easy. People like him give all snake owners, breeders etc a VERY Bad name. I wonder how he sleeps at night? What more can I say? I was an idiot!
URSULA
SA Reptiles Member

Re: A Warning Do not let this happen to you.

Postby Quintin » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:40 pm

Name and shame!!!

Very sorry to hear about this. I know its more time and money, but perhaps you should get the law and possibly a lawyer on your side?

What were the snakes worth if i may ask?

Q
Quintin
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bushbaby » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:51 pm

I know exactly how you feel URSULA and I am so sorry that you had to learn this the hard way. We've lost so many animals due to dishonest people. even people who have been done in by other people whom you then trust do you in. It's horrible. One good lesson learnt though, you wont do that again!
http://www.snakebiteassist.co.za
http://www.reptileexpo.co.za
http://www.boaconstrictors.co.za
Bushbaby
SA Reptiles Admin

Postby steve » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:54 pm

That’s sooo wrong!!!
I’m terribly sorry to hear of this. Possibly the police can trace his cell number?? Get them involved, because this is theft! Get your own back!
a similar story on my side, I swapped an adult pair of tokay geckos for a carpet chameleon, the deal was done at night at a petrol station...on my return home I noticed the chameleon was in terrible shape, I phoned him rite away and told him that I was not happy, he told me if anything went wrong within the next few weeks he would reimburse me, the chameleon subsequently died days later...he now ignores me and shows no care in the world. He smuggles wild caught animals and trades them with un suspecting victims he sells sick and unfit animals. What really makes me sick is that he even tries to sell the animals on this very forum. He goes by the name: "THE BRAD"
This dude is a crook and scam artist, just a word of warning people, DO NOT deal with this dude! He will cheat you out of your money. And if anybody knows him personally, you can tell him I’m comming.

I really hope that you find this person and he gets what he deserves. Try use this as a lesson. NOBODY can be trusted these days.
vipers?
steve
SA Reptiles Member

Postby rooikat » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:12 pm

To dam right Steve ..your right no one can really be trusted these days /...
anyway Ursula I'm sorry to heat about what happened ,it happens to most people in some sort of way or another ..but in your case i really feel for you but just reading that has got me really worked up too ...
just want to ask a question .."where did you send the animals too ..what address ?? cant you start from there ...surly he gave you an address to send them too ..because i would be in my car straight away or on a plane ...

just a suggestion ..you must have somewhere to start from to find his house ...get legal advise too ...
Give me Nature over Human race anytime ..
rooikat
SA Reptiles Member

Postby tJokkie_ » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:20 pm

Hi Ursula,

If I were you I would open up a theft case against this guy and get him arrested,
If you have a case number the police are authorised to get details from Vodacom or MTN where he is located etc

Regards
Chris
Ball Pythons 1:0:0 Aurora 1:0:0 Macklotts Python 1:0:0
Blood Python 1:0:0 ... and some more :/
tJokkie_
SA Reptiles Member

Postby URSULA » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:43 pm

Thank you guys.
He is a member of SA Reptiles and owns a pet shop. I do have all his details Address and telephone no's. If I was closer to him I would have no problem in finding him. Who knows I believe in Kama.
What hurts is that those animals were meant to be going to a good place. Now who knows what has happened to them. He said the Boa had been sold and the buyer was coming to collect her on the Friday.

@Quintin the snakes were: a Big Boa (I have had for years!) 2 retics and a female burmese
I did give him 2 Annies as well
URSULA
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Mitton » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:50 pm

OMW, how can someone do something like this. I would say his name should be posted so others know who he is and not buy from him, or sell anything to him.
www.moreliapythons.co.za
Mitton
Forum gatekeeper

Postby Grant » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:58 pm

URSULA

Don't bugger about any longer. Simply go to the police station and lay a charge against him and let the law take its course.

Feenish en klaar........
Grant
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bushviper » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:49 pm

Ursula it is also possible to go to the small claims court and get the money that way. You could also send him an email and warn him that besides opening a case of theft you are going to state the whole case on the forum. Do not accept the snakes back because they could be in dreadful shape and then you are stuck with them. He will also have the expense of driving to you to appear in court which is karma. If he ignores the summons then he will be arrested.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby fredsmith » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:08 pm

Eina!! Guess the days of trust are gone... I'd lay the charge of theft with the local authorities.

For evil to triumph all that needs to be done is nothing. Don't let this SOB get away with it.

Good luck.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
- Albert Einstein

Fred Smith
fredsmith
SA Reptiles Member

Postby hunter1 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:16 pm

That makes me furious to hear things like this...
I'm from Durbs, I have bought afew things off these sites from Joberg, and never been let down//..
Including xpets, and another guy Mark, they sent the reps the nite I paid, but now this has opened my eyes abit..Its sad that some people have to stuff buissness up for others!!!I hope this ok pays for his crime!!!
hunter1
SA Reptiles Member

Postby fatboy » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:49 pm

just find a debt collector in durban and tell them what its worth to you and they will charge a percentage according to the severity of hostility
fatboy
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Serpy » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:06 pm

Myself, clinton and dean know this guy, and have dealt with him in the past. Come on bud pay up the cash.
A good burper is a good herper.
Serpy
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Brendan E » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:20 pm

i wonder who it can be.
Is it legal to post his name here for everyone to see? or atleast let him try explain.
livestrong
Brendan E
SA Reptiles Member

Next

Return to General Discussions