A Warning Do not let this happen to you.

Here is the place to discuss anything not related to reptiles and does not fall into any other catagories.

Re: A Warning Do not let this happen to you.

Postby Biosmith » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:53 pm

My two cents worth. If I buy a snake a meet personally with the seller and do the transaction Snake for cash. If I sell a snake I meet personally with the buyer and I wanna know what his/her intentions with the snake is and where and how it will be housed. Then I take the cash and give them the snake, easy and low risk.
Biosmith
SA Reptiles Member

Postby hunter1 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:44 pm

Biosmith You are dead right! This is a lesson learnt by alot of us the hard way. If this post didn't go up a scene wouldn't have been made, and this guy would have carried on getting away with it. There are alot more facts that are going to come out soon. Biosmith this is sad because I have enjoyed some good stuff from joberg. Anyway will be updating this as it unfolds.
hunter1
SA Reptiles Member

Postby animalfanatic » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:04 pm

I'm a businessman myself and I find this type of behavior unacceptable!

If I were in this situation I would have made a case the day the snakes were re-sold, that is how life works!

If I don't pay my suppliers they don't supply and summons me to court!

If I loan money from the bank(BUY money from the bank) I have to make my payment every month, skip one - summons and blacklist!

This person is running a business , thus he must be treated like any other business!

He knew in the begining that he needs X amount of money to meet his expenses and that he would not be able to meet his promises , therefore he was lying to you from day 1!
animalfanatic
SA Reptiles Member

Postby joef_conner » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:40 am

If only business was so simple...
joef_conner
SA Reptiles member (restricted)

Postby fredsmith » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:58 am

joef_conner wrote:If only business was so simple...

It should be... by calling it business, it allows people to remove and devoid dealings of emotion and personal involvement making the deal primarily based on the finantial aspect of the relevant deal. No pay, no delivery. No payment received on COD and face the consequences of a violation of the basic understanding of the deal beit legal or otherwise.
Consignment dealings as Froot says are never a good idea and open oneself up to a whole load of potential problems.
Be aware and make sure all aspects of the deal on both ends of the deal are clearly understood by all parties involved in the transaction.
And if you happen to be the person who cannot pay the relevant people on a deal gone wrong for whatever reason, pick up the phone. Let the person know what has happened. Leaving a person in the dark and treating them like a mushroom will only fuel any animosity already caused. Generally people are understanding and being "in the picture" will not only calm people down but go a long way to keep civility within future possible dealings.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
- Albert Einstein

Fred Smith
fredsmith
SA Reptiles Member

Postby joef_conner » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:44 am

thanks for elaborating?

Maybe the authorities will help resolve this situation.
joef_conner

Postby Serpy » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:17 pm

I'm so sick of this guy its not even funny. I've been waiting 2 months for the animals I paid for, and I know of some others too. I feel his name should be made public so that no one makes a mistake like this ever again. Any objections?
A good burper is a good herper.
Serpy
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bushviper » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:26 am

Serpy you will have to state what previous dealings you had etc etc. so possibly just keep hoping you get what you paid for.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby Serpy » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:50 am

Well BV, I ordered 3 snakes from him ( its not necessary to go into detail about species ), I made some payment into ursula's account, i refused to pay the full amount up front because of this whole situation. Since then I've been waiting I made the deposit on the 26th of january I think. This is unacceptable his business ethics are horrific. I honestly don't want anything from him, but I do want everyone to know who he is!

If no one knows then its just going to keep happening, and it definitely will!
Serpy
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Eish! » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:07 am

looks a little suspect by not mentioning species
perhaps its a shifty deal to start with
Eish!
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Serpy » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:48 am

No it wasnt a shifty deal to start with boet. I dont like people knowing every single animal I keep. I'm open with the people I know or have met. But people like you and many others that I don't know from a bar of soap have absolutely no right to know what animals I keep. I keep snakes for myselfnot for everyone else.
Serpy
SA Reptiles Member

Postby joef_conner » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:01 pm

so who is the guy?
joef_conner

Postby Buck Rogers » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:11 pm

This is getting really juicy now... It's being bugging me for someone to slip the name up of this guy (I know, I know, I know)

P.S. Serpy has a good point, we are private keepers and don't need to advertise our pets like a zoo!
Life is a beautiful struggle
Buck Rogers
SA Reptiles Member

Postby hunter1 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:42 pm

Mine was no dodgey deal, it started off as a boa, then mole snakes, in KZN.
I have handed him a letter of demand, he has 12 days left to pay up.
He has signed the letter saying he owes me money. This guy will obviously get exposed soon!
To many people have had to much sh** with this ok!
hunter1
SA Reptiles Member

Postby joef_conner » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:41 pm

well I'd hate to be the guy in question. I really do hope this all gets straightend out and all you guys get your money/ snakes in good order.

Keep us posted.
joef_conner

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions