A Warning Do not let this happen to you.

Here is the place to discuss anything not related to reptiles and does not fall into any other catagories.

Re: A Warning Do not let this happen to you.

Postby Durban Keeper » Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:40 pm

Maybe it's not over. Guess what guys? Wayne called! I highly doubt that he read my above post. Seems he's fond of going for long periods in absolute silence. He says we can sort out the money for the olives next week. he was also apologetic, stating that he had been hectic busy of late. I hope he will follow through on his word, I'll try & pop round his shop tomorrow... Thanks Wayne :-)
Life is but a dream for the dead.
Durban Keeper
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Serpy » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:03 pm

Mate as far as I know his shop is closed down!!!!! If you do speak to him though tell him i'd dig to get my snakes too!!
A good burper is a good herper.
Serpy
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Johnny » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:22 pm

Is it just me, or did i count more than 1 crook in this thread. And, Ignorance is not an excuse.
Johnny
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Fooble » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:21 am

Durban Keeper wrote:Maybe it's not over. Guess what guys? Wayne called! I highly doubt that he read my above post. Seems he's fond of going for long periods in absolute silence. He says we can sort out the money for the olives next week. he was also apologetic, stating that he had been hectic busy of late. I hope he will follow through on his word, I'll try & pop round his shop tomorrow... Thanks Wayne :-)

Its not closed.
Organized crime comes in more forms than one.
Fooble
Forum gatekeeper

Postby Serpy » Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:49 pm

Well I heard from someone on this forum that said he went around and everything was moved out
Serpy
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Fooble » Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:53 pm

Serpy wrote:Well I heard from someone on this forum that said he went around and everything was moved out

Was there on Saterday (yesterday), so perhaps not.
Fooble
Forum gatekeeper

Postby Serpy » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:23 pm

So what has he got to say for himself??
Serpy
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Fooble » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:26 pm

Wouldnt know, don't involve myself with others business deals.
Got what i needed and so on.
Fooble
Forum gatekeeper

Postby MrG » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:41 pm

Its become a laugthing matter because you and Serpy talked this guy good in the beginning and now a sudden turn around....maybe more than one rat.Lol

by Serpy on Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:46 pm

Froot, before you jump to conclusions about the guy. I've been in contact with him the last week, i've bought snakes from him and i've paid some of that money into Ursula's account. He's not a bad guy at all.

by Durban Keeper on Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:53 am

I'm sorry for the troubles he might have caused you Ursula, I know It's not my place to speak but I for one know he's not a bad guy! No other petshop owner in the whole of KZN has offered me the same help or advise on my herps as this oak has. In all my experiences dealing with him, he has been true to his word. He's not a con artist or a crook or anything of the sorts, granted what happened between you two is not ethical business practice, but I believe you will receive all that is entitled to you.
MrG
SA Reptiles Honorary Member

Postby Wolf777 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:42 pm

Lol you are very observant MrG.
Wolf777
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Durban Keeper » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:50 pm

Observant indeed Mr.G :) Bare in mind tho that those initial comments were made almost two months ago, so I would not quite call it a 'sudden' turn around, with time perceptions of a situation do tend to change.

I saw Wayne for a brief period today Rowan & the shop was actually looking good, so who ever told you all was moved out was spreading nothing more then false rumors.
I've come to an agreement with him & if all goes well, he will settle me for my little olives tomorrow. I still stick by my initial guns & say he is a good person who just does things the wrong way at times.

DK
Life is but a dream for the dead.
Durban Keeper
SA Reptiles Member

Postby hunter1 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:48 am

Wayne himself told people he is closing down at the end of the month, and moving to Richards Bay! So if they are rumors they were started by himself!
I took the letter of demand round not last friday, but the friday before, he signed it! He said he would have my money on the following monday, phoned on that monday no answer, went round the shop no1 there! So it looks like next monday the small claims courts are going to have to sort this out! Laughing matter, if you were in the same boat as alot of us, you woudn't be laughing! You think other peoples problems are funny?
hunter1
SA Reptiles Member

Postby rolandslf » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:45 am

Good Day All

After reading this post I am extremely angry. There is a breeder in Gauteng who I am going to buy a pair of corns from.
Heres the situation, I am still in the process of raising the money, things like this can cause this breder to pull out of the deal on a pair I really want.
I must admit that we communicate regularly via e-mail and that I dont want the snakes until I pay for them.
The point is, there is always the minority who stuff it all up for the majority.

As for the name and shame theory, you may not by law do this publicly, the only recourse is to pm it to those who want to know. I would pm it to all members on the forum who live in Durban so that we can boycott his shop.

CHEERS
It is better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On.
Roland Friskin
rolandslf
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Serpy » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:48 am

MrG if you have a good deal with a person and someone bad mouths him chances are you'll defend that person, but the moment he screws you over will you carry on defending him? I think not.

Dean I respect the fact that you still believe he's a good guy. But he hasn't even attempted to call me to make things right.
Serpy
SA Reptiles Member

Postby hunter1 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:50 pm

Durban keeper/Dean please keep us informed if you get your money or anything! Personally I still think you won't get much back, if anything. I hope you do, cause I was very impressed that olive house snakes were being captive bred. I hope we all get what we are owed! I will let you guys know how it goes!
hunter1
SA Reptiles Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions