Anaconda

Re: Anaconda

Postby Bushviper » Fri May 22, 2009 2:58 pm

Strange how "seringasafari" can come onto a site and with his first post envoke such a response. Smells like a troll to me and they smell like regurged rat when it ended up on the heating pad under the paper and you have been away for the weekend.

Usually they are not that clued up and do not know the law either. Probably a habitual criminal too. Ofetn this is inbred from the illegal activities their parents undertook before and during conception as well.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby Shakka » Fri May 22, 2009 3:46 pm

"bunny lovers" and "tree huggers" are those people that already made up their mind about things but actually they know nothing. All animals are equal. Sure I would be sad to feed my dog to a python but its still an animal. These tree huggers are usually those that will shoot the "bad fox" and hug the little sheep :smt008 which will be dinner tonite... :smt016
Shakka
SA Reptiles Member

Postby hunter1 » Fri May 22, 2009 3:48 pm

So that act would apply by feeding your dragons crickets and worms then?
I couldn't care if some ok bred cape cobras to feed their meercat, if they farm it they can do what they want with it.
Those people that complain about a rodent, don't complain when they are eating beef or chicken, farming is part of life.
Putting a video like that on a website that is a reptile website shudn't cause any alarm, we have all done it, if it was posted on a family site or a site where people are sensitive to that sort of thing then yes that is not right. Come on? If they don't want to see stuff like that don't come on a reptile website. We don't exactly go out in peoples faces rubbing it in. People are different, people must understand people have different interests, and passions. How many hatchling snakes eat Frozen thawed? So you would be lying to urselfs if you said you haven't fed live? There are decent people on this site that have done it, and are made to feel like they are criminals
hunter1
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Westley Price » Fri May 22, 2009 4:06 pm

All the people visiting this website aren't converted "herpaholics" like most of us. Nature conservation official regularly visit this site and they just eat posts like this up. It gives them ammo to use when the legislation against snakes reaches a peak, or that's just my opinion.

What you (you, meaning all of us) do behind closed doors is your own business, but there's no need to boast about it and pretend like it's right. Like BV said, it's the law, whether we like it or not.
"I am dying by inches from not having anybody to talk to about insects." - Charles Darwin
Westley Price
Forum gatekeeper

Postby Shakka » Fri May 22, 2009 4:42 pm

True westley, the law... But still its funny that rhino hunting is still allowed in South Africa even though they are endangered but one can't feed live inbred rodent.. TIA!

I agree us reptilefanatics should keep this hobby behind the door unfortunately.
But I was wondering: That law about torturing animals, what is the norm then for feeding your snakes. You must pre-kill it so how quick should it be dead so that its legal? (retoric question)
Shakka
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bushviper » Fri May 22, 2009 5:00 pm

To cut a long story short, feeding live food, farting, picking your nose and having pre-marital sex is done all the time. Do you video tape it and broadcast it? If you are that way inclined you do but otherwise it is best kept private. Nuff said
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Previous

Return to American boas