Bit on nose by boa GOT PIX

Postby reinhard » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:41 pm

"Trust": such a small and insignificant word, especially in the snake's dictionary. There was one of my boas that I also USED to trust (until he bit the hand that he thought would feed him)
reinhard
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bjorn » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:56 pm

My friend recieved a nice bite from his anaconda! It nearly took off his nose.

He had it around his neck and I saw it investigate his nose which had just been operated on (sinus reconstruction). I wanted to warn him but it was to late. He then yanked the snake from his nose and asked me if it was bleeding. Which was an understatment!!!!
Regards
Bjorn
Reptilia Traders cc
http://www.reptiliatraders.co.za
Bjorn
SA Reptiles Member

Postby GOOF 1o1 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:12 pm

:shock: :o LOL :shock: :o
GOOF 1o1
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Jandejager » Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:33 pm

If you think thats disturbing you sould have seen my mother when it happened she littarely went histerical I think if a venomous snake would bite me she would be the first one to die LOL :twisted: :lol: :evil: :D :twisted:

Well, (hopefully) you wouldnt put a hot around your neck...

I have numerous hots, & only got tagged once by my False Water F/male, during an eggbound visit to the vet, nasty surprize! I took my eye off her while the vet was injecting KY Gell into the cloack, for the egg to be pushed out easier(I had her firmly behind the head) I think I released my grip slightly out of sympathy & the fact of consentration with the vet's opp.. she had a propper 30 seconds chew- The vet refused to handle Hots, therefore I had to hold it in a headed grip, & at the time of bite, I couldn't let the snake retreat in fear of all the "curious assistants" surrounding us, they could get bitten with some serious cause- optimizing envenomation, as it is a rear-fanged snake & has to chew to envenomate

moral of the story... use the right tool for the job, I should have used a tube, secondly, I should have persisted for a safer operating environment -by asking the vet to instruct his spectators to depart.

I basicaly never handle my hots, unless I really have to, & I used to freehandle my Fwc around my neck... now, I'm extra cautious - even though I previously reckoned to label myself as capable of handling serious hots.

Trust is the key word.. dont trust any snake too much, espesially too close to your face.
F...T...W...Dyslectic...??
Jandejager
SA Reptiles Member

Postby GOOF 1o1 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:50 pm

OUCH that sounds serios man did you hav any efect on the venom :?: do you still hav fwcobras :?: and do you mabay know where I can get a hatch or yearling at a good price I only hav 3 hots (cottinmouths) but want too expand my hot collection and I heard that fwc are good speciemans with an outstanding personality could you plz shed sum light on this for me
THANX MAN
REGARDS
GOOF 1o1
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Jandejager » Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:47 am

Sure, but I dont think this is the right place nor the time, as this topic falls under venomous, & also as I reckon youre U/18.

Dude, hots are a serious responsibility, though nothing always happen according to the book, lady bad luck, is still the evil stepmom of brother Murphy.

But send me a pm, & I'll give you all the info you need.
Jandejager
SA Reptiles Member

Postby HerpLeader » Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:06 pm

Nice Nosejob :D :D

I never handle any venomouse snakes without a hook or grab stick it doesnt matter if its backfanged or only mildly venomous. I handle Crotaphopeltis hotamboeia with a hookstick.
HerpLeader
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Jandejager » Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:45 pm

Honestly, I havn't handled Redlipped Herralds that often, but I did get tagged by a verry small one long time ago...wasnt that bad though

but rather safe than sorry I assume...
Jandejager
SA Reptiles Member

Postby snake_freak » Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:53 pm

I got chewed on by my herald for about 10 - 15 seconds a while back. I had zero reaction to the venom. The "deep puncture wounds" that some field guides describe aren't that bad either, it felt more like tiny prickles :lol:

But then again one could have an allergic reaction to the venom which may be a problem :-? .
snake_freak
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Sssnakebuster » Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:11 pm

man ur teeth r full of sh!t
1.1 elaphe dione

1. python regius
Sssnakebuster
SA Reptiles Member

Previous

Return to Redtail boas (Boa constrictor sp.)