Carpet Pythons

Re: Carpet Pythons

Postby Bushbaby » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:23 am

Some great news!! Mitton & I are grandparents. lol Our Jungle Carpet Python eggs hatched. 2 had gone off, so only 14 eggs made it full term. Yesterday 12 were out the egg and the other 2 were a bit shy.

http://www.snakebiteassist.co.za
http://www.reptileexpo.co.za
http://www.boaconstrictors.co.za
Bushbaby
SA Reptiles Admin

Postby Carpetpythons » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:53 am

That one right in the middle with the yellow tinge should be a keeper. Well done, you should be happy with that effort. You cant always hatch all of them. Now the hard work starts.
Carpetpythons
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bushviper » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:39 am

Nope no keeping of anything! We dont have any more space as it is.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby Bushbaby » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:46 am

lol if it's a male, I may keep it (if Mitton doesnt chose it first hee hee). I need to raise a male at some stage, so this would probably be the best time to do so.
http://www.snakebiteassist.co.za
http://www.reptileexpo.co.za
http://www.boaconstrictors.co.za
Bushbaby
SA Reptiles Admin

Postby marc bt » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:38 am

Nice one!
If you having trouble with space BV, you can always send me some ;)
a wiseman once said:"you can give a man a fish and feed him for a day, but teach him how to fish and feed him for the rest of his life.."
marc bt
SA Reptiles Member

Postby froot » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:38 pm

Congrats guys, nice going.
We salute the improvement of the human genome by honoring those who remove themselves from it.
Of necessity, this honor is generally bestowed posthumously. - www.darwinawards.com
froot
Founder Member

Postby Mitton » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:50 pm

Thanks everyone.
The last one is still in the egg, he is alive but just do not want to come out. The other 13 are doing really well.
Here are a few more pics, will update once they have shed.

www.moreliapythons.co.za
Mitton
Forum gatekeeper

Postby Bushviper » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:27 pm

There are a couple that will be nice yellow and black in a year or two. Very pretty.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby Boadicea » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:47 pm

How wonderful! Congratulations on all your babies BB and Mitton.They are stunning. Is this the first time you have bred them? How old are the parents and how big are they? I'm wanting to breed my carpets but I am beginning to think they are all girls. :(
"You and I wear the dangerous looseness of doom and find it becoming. Life, for eternal us, is now; and now is much too busy being a little more than everything to seem anything, catastrophic included"- e e cummings
Boadicea
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Boadicea » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:55 pm

Oops my bad! I just scanned through the posts on this thread and found the answers to my questions about their size and weight. Sorry guys.
"You and I wear the dangerous looseness of doom and find it becoming. Life, for eternal us, is now; and now is much too busy being a little more than everything to seem anything, catastrophic included"- e e cummings
Boadicea
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Mitton » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:01 pm

Haha, was just typing the reply.
What types of Carpets do you have that you want to breed? How old and big are yours?
www.moreliapythons.co.za
Mitton
Forum gatekeeper

Postby Boadicea » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:22 pm

Mitton I will take some pics and post them tomorrow. The pair are about three years old now but I think they need to grow a bit more. They only eat mice. The others I have are about two years old. These girls are really pretty. :smt007 There are two of them. I will need a stunning male for them when they are ready to breed. I had three of them but one of them was very small and did not grow. She died a while back. The other two still thrive as you will see from the pics. They come by indirect means from carpetpythons himself but I only discovered this some time after I had bought them.
Then of course there are the Darwin carpet pythons. They are both girls :roll: ! The chances of me getting a male for them are miniscule I fear.
Boadicea
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Carpetpythons » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:34 pm

Photos would really be nice. And just for the record boadicea, it was somebody I knew.
Carpetpythons
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Boadicea » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:51 am

I stand corrected Carpetpythons. For new pics of my CPs follow this link viewtopic.php?f=131&t=3952
Boadicea
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Mitton » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:43 pm

So far only 4 have shed and 3 of them have eaten. I don't know why the rest are taking so long to shed but they are in the blue so it is OK.
These guys are really small but bite ALL the time, I was bitten about 10 times while taking pics, eventually had to put a glove on.

Here are a few pics of some of the ones who have shed and also a pic of one that still needs to shed.

One that still needs to shed.
www.moreliapythons.co.za
Mitton
Forum gatekeeper

PreviousNext

Return to Carpet pythons (Morelia spilota sp.)