West Rand Herp Association

This section is for non-profit organisations, Events and Legalities. Please do not use it for advertising. If you wish to post an Event, please seek approval via Bushviper or Bushbaby.

Re: West Rand Herp Association

Postby LeglessDragon » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:14 pm

Can't wait for the first meeting. Going to be there tonight. Who else is going?
My heart always leads, my brain always lags. Words are said in the moment and friendships made or broken. My heart always leads...
LeglessDragon
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Chameleon Company » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:12 pm

Good day all

Will be there no problems!!!! :-D

Also bringing girlfriend and her brother (chameleon keeper)

See you all there
2:2 Pseudaspis cana
1:2 Dasypeltis scabra

And yes they are all on permit.
Chameleon Company
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Ethan's mom » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:34 pm

Oops - missed tonight but love the idea of a meeting for the under 13's - will join the next one for the kids.
Ethan's mom
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Chamssss » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:43 am

Huh mom? Meeting was good.
Chamssss
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Ethan's mom » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:11 am

Assume the huh is directed at me?? In the first few comments there was a question about having a meeting for under 13's. My son (who is 6) has a bearded dragon - although we still supervise all the care taking, feeding, cleaning etc. I would like to bring him to meet other kids with an interest in reptile pets. So see you when that happens!

Glad you all had a good meeting.
Ethan's mom
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Chamssss » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:26 am

Cool Im 15 now and breed chameleons with the member chameleon company (Paul).

I started with chameleons 5 years ago. Hope your son does well with his herp keeping.
Chamssss
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Chameleon Company » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:54 am

Very nice, bred my first reptiles when i was 11

Hope he will learn a lot from us

Paul
Chameleon Company

Chameleon Company
SA Reptiles Member

Postby ReptileCorner » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:45 pm

Thanks to all who attended. Not bad for our first meeting, there were 10 of us in total.

I agree with Ethans mom, it would be great if more younger people could attend, we could possibly start a youth club for the same nights.

Corne or myself will post more details on when the next meeting will be and what we will be doing. It will be around the middle of April.
"These Hitlers use the camouflage of science to make money out of animals... so whenever they murder our animals and call it sustainable use, I`ll fight it. Since when has killing a wild animal, eating it or wearing it, ever saved a species?" -Steve Irwin
ReptileCorner
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Chameleon Company » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:24 pm

do you know when the next meeting will be?

Chameleon Company
SA Reptiles Member

Postby LeglessDragon » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:56 pm

Wondering that myself...
My heart always leads, my brain always lags. Words are said in the moment and friendships made or broken. My heart always leads...
LeglessDragon
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Cornelius » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:43 am

Hi guys

Sorry for the delay in correspondence, we are having a really difficult time finding a venue for our meetings.
We have tried Schools, churches, scouts and and and. I have been in contact with city parks with regards to using the Kloofendal nature reserve, I am waiting for a response from our wonderful friends at city parks.

We have however decided to have the next meeting next week Friday evening at Belinda's house again. I will do an official invite as well.

Regards
Cornelius
There is something that is much more scarce, something finer by far , something rarer than ability.
It is the Ability to recognise Ability

http://www.facebook.com/pages/West-Rand-Herpetological-Association/125756994130804?v=photos#!/pages/West-Rand-Herpetological-Association/125756994130804
Cornelius
SA Reptiles Member

Postby MrG » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:19 am

Hi, I can help with a permanent venue with secure parking but it is Krugersdorp. I it is more West than you intended but I know there is more than a few from here that will attend. Pm me if you are interested.

ps....(Every 2nd and 3rd Thursdays of a month is camera club evenings as ColinH has indicated so just not on those days).
MrG
SA Reptiles Honorary Member

Postby ReptileCorner » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:44 pm

The next meeting has been confirmed for this Friday (16 April 2010) @ 19h30.

We are waiting for our venue to be confirmed at the Krugersdorp Firestation (Thanks MrG for all your help), if this venue is not available we will have the meeting at our residence again in Strubensvalley. I will confirm with everyone hopefully latest Wednesday. But please save the date for this Friday, the meeting will take place.

We apologise for the long wait, but finding a venue proved to be more challanging than we thought, the moment Cornelius mentioned "snakes" the venue managers wanted to run a mile and were not very helpful.

For anyone who wants to be put on the mailing list for the WRHA meetings please PM me your email address. You will then be e-mailed all the details every month.
"These Hitlers use the camouflage of science to make money out of animals... so whenever they murder our animals and call it sustainable use, I`ll fight it. Since when has killing a wild animal, eating it or wearing it, ever saved a species?" -Steve Irwin
ReptileCorner
SA Reptiles Member

Postby LeglessDragon » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:34 pm

Unfortunitly I will not be there this friday. Hubby taking a long weekend with the guys so I am on my way to the in-laws on Friday.
LeglessDragon
SA Reptiles Member

Postby ReptileCorner » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:56 pm

All is confirmed for this Friday at our residence again. The next meeting will be at a more formal venue, we are just working through some red tape.

Topics to be discussed:
1. The constituation of WRHA
2. Our new venue
3. We have a guest speaker (CJ Bierman) who will be talking about a few indigenous snakes, as well as the work he does with mine safety training with snakes.
4. Another guest speaker, Rob Nicol, who will be talking about MBD, supplimenting and his new product RepOrganic.
5. Ian Smith has also discovered a new substrate with the help of Croc City which we will be looking at.
6. Snake handling and ID Courses
7. Arrangements for a herping trip before winter is in full swing.

Tea, coffee and snacks will be served.

For those who have not completed application forms and paid their annual fees please bring them with on Friday. We will also have forms available. The application fee is R80 per person annually. Please don't forget to bring 2 x ID Photos for your membership cards.

For those who are late will be fined a chocolate cake for the next meeting :lol:
Please PM me for the address and directions.
ReptileCorner
SA Reptiles Member

PreviousNext

Return to Herpetological Associations, Non Profit Clubs, Events & Legalities