My scrubbys

My scrubbys

Postby Boadicea » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:38 pm

I was also asked to post recent pics of these. Sometimes I think I am too obliging as it is really time consuming posting pics. Enjoy.

She is in the blue and not too happy with me. It is not easy to photograph a slender snake over two metres so I tried to persuade her to stay in the tub.

P!$$ off - can't you see it's that time of the month? Being a typical morelia she bit the camera at one point. I'm surprised I didn't get nailed too.

By now I'd gotten the other one into the tub. So they are both in there. This one was a bit more obliging. Had his head hidden under a coil at first.
"You and I wear the dangerous looseness of doom and find it becoming. Life, for eternal us, is now; and now is much too busy being a little more than everything to seem anything, catastrophic included"- e e cummings
Boadicea
SA Reptiles Member

Re: My scrubbys

Postby Pythonodipsas » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:54 pm

These are more frightening than cascabel's in my books. ;)
`
If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise.
Roger Waters & David Gilmour - 1979
Pythonodipsas
SAReptiles Techie

Postby Carpetpythons » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:28 pm

Large scrubbies in the wild never bite. You can walk up to 4 metre snakes and pick them up without one hint of aggression. They are the most placid big snake ever. Once they are in captivity they turn into monsters. Even captive bred ones should have never been in captivity. They seem to tame down if they have a big cage. I don't think they like to be confined.
Carpetpythons
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Pythonodipsas » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:34 am

@Carpetpythons - That is very interesting and I never knew that. One would imagine they're as demonic in the wild as they are in captivity.
`
If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise.
Roger Waters & David Gilmour - 1979
Pythonodipsas
SAReptiles Techie

Postby Superciliaris » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:06 am

LOVE IT !! tks Debs
Life is the greatest adventure imaginable.
Superciliaris
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Boadicea » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:47 pm

I am working on a plan for a nice big tank for them. A tall one so that they can hang around all day from a branch or rope if they want so thanks for that information carpetpythons. As usual time is my biggest enemy. Maybe in the wild they just haven't had the chance to decide whether or not they like humans yet. ;-)
"You and I wear the dangerous looseness of doom and find it becoming. Life, for eternal us, is now; and now is much too busy being a little more than everything to seem anything, catastrophic included"- e e cummings
Boadicea
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Australasian pythons (Antaresia, Aspidites, Liasis, Morelia sp)