New Baby Yellow Anaconda

Postby RAGE » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:45 pm

I also remember a pair of green at Aqua, And I remember being told that their are a couple who stay in Midrand who have three adult females and two males. They "apperently bred them and exported offspring." I dont know how true this is, as it was one of those where no one would give me their phone number or adress. Some one needs to bring in a pair of greens. I heard that they are much calmer.
LIFES A .........
RAGE
SA Reptiles Member

Postby psychomike » Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:26 pm

Yeah they still have the green anaconda's, and a whole lot of baby yellows at the moment
psychomike
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Nasicornis » Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:52 pm

Yeah i have a anaconda as well, but of my time or the lack there of, my anaconda has gone snappy again, not that bad though. She's about 1.3m now and growing i might be selling her, interested parties can watch this space

What, are waiting for her to reach her max agro potential before selling??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
No dangerous reptiles, only dangerous keepers
Nasicornis
SA Reptiles Honorary Member

SPOON

Postby SHiBBY » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:37 pm

Reply to spoon's question about green anacondas:

The Yellow anaconda, to my knowledge grows to be around the size of a python. Green anacondas however, grow much longer. Much, MUCH longer, making it semi-impossible to keep as your everyday pet snake. I'm sure you'll be able to order one though, but be prepared to take out a second mortgage on your house for one...
"The will of God will never take you where the grace of God won't protect you..."
SHiBBY
SA Reptiles Member

Re: New Baby Yellow Anaconda

Postby dave3485 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:45 pm

Iv had a female yellow anaconda for about 4.5 years now.like ruff said she is not agressive as people think.did not bite me as a baby. As she got older she bit a few times.Only when i wouldn't let her go where she wants(like round my neck or somewhere as she got bigger.) She is now over 9.5 feet & still not agressive. She is to big to get out alone now.with a mates help she still comes out every now and then.Like i said earlier she does bite every now and then but she is way to strong for her me to wrap round my neck now.She has never held on when she bites & she always leaves a nasty cut. She is a lovely snake but all i can say is i would never trust a large yellow anaconda as you would a python or something or you mite end up in a mess.

A reply to a Question about green anacondas earlier; A year or two ago I saw one for sale in a shop near nottingham. £160 for a baby.

Out of wonder does anybody no what the record size for a yellow anaconda is?
dave3485
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Ruff » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:03 pm

Just bought myself another 2 yellow annies, male and female from differnet parents all together.
Very nippy but getting there, will post some pics once they have climatised to thier new home
Ruff
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Ruff » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:43 am

Here are some pics of my 2 new Annies, one without the background and one photo with the bacground.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ruff
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Ruff » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:44 am

Here is the other
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ruff
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Jamster » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:18 pm

Recently got my second annie...absolutely awesome! Also very tame, much darker than this one though, american import...My big boy though is as wild as anything, he at about 2.5m. here a pic of my new baby...
Image419-001.jpg
1.0-reticulated python (Ripcord)
1.1-burmese pythons
5.5-brown house snakes
1.0-taiwanese ratsnake
3.8-BCI
1.1-corn snakes
1.2-rhombic skaapstekers
1.0-yellow rat snake
Jamster
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Ruff » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:45 pm

Looks like a Morph annie.
What did you buy it as?
Ruff
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Silvrav » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:31 am

Post us some pics of your first annie Ruff...would like to see the size it reached in the last 2 years.
Carpet Python - Morelia spilota cheynei
Silvrav
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Jamster » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:43 am

It was a gift, there were 2 of them, they came in from america and then were given to a friend of mine who asked me if i wanted one . Just yellow anaconda, very dark with clear markings and a very light belly...what yellow anaconda morphs are there? I only know of patternless and granite...
1.1-burmese pythons
5.5-brown house snakes
1.0-taiwanese ratsnake
3.8-BCI
1.1-corn snakes
1.2-rhombic skaapstekers
1.0-yellow rat snake
Jamster
SA Reptiles Member

Postby CarlaSmit87 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:14 am

Yes pics please!
CarlaSmit87
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Jamster » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:25 am

About the greens...they are much more aggressive compared to the yellows, but their size is grossly exggerated, yes they do get immensley heavy and very thick, but remembering first of all that retics do get longer and that the heaviest snake was a burm(in captivity, 198 kgs). Greens arent any different from any other giant snake, except of course maby their girth and their attitude
1.1-burmese pythons
5.5-brown house snakes
1.0-taiwanese ratsnake
3.8-BCI
1.1-corn snakes
1.2-rhombic skaapstekers
1.0-yellow rat snake
Jamster
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bushviper » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:39 am

Who would import yellow anacondas? They cost far more in the US than locally. The hassle to import them does not justify this. Possibly just someone who was there on holiday and thought it was a good idea to bring a pair home.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

PreviousNext

Return to American boas