SAreptile.co.za FACELIFT

Here is the place to discuss anything not related to reptiles and does not fall into any other catagories.

Re: SAreptile.co.za FACELIFT

Postby bubblesharp » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:14 pm

Waz wrote:Look at fecebook and twitter, both are simple colour schemes that don't offend the senses. They make you want to stay on the site longer than is really necessary..

Its not that I want to stay longer on FB, its just every time I go on there they changed the damn site, and I have to figure out where everything went! it's F-ing frustrating! I have a place to retreat to that stays the same, is very user friendly and efficient! My VOTE ... sareptiles should stay the way it is, maybe some very minor upgrades etc.

And yes I am also getting tired of beardies, its the same thing over and over and over and over again and again and again.

An upgrade that I would appreciate, is a function where you can "block" certain topics from appearing on your own "new post" wall. This way when I log on, I don't have to see the topic "sannie se magie het weer gewerk vandag" and some one actually replying to the post to bring it back to the "new post" section.

We don't all have the same interest and a "block" or "remove" function will be a great addition and then when I log on I wont see 85 new posts, but actually 45 of those are on topics of absolutely no value to me, although they can be to some one else.
Eben Brits
Cell 071 603 6596
BBM 27E1FDF4
bubblesharp
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Pieter89 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:57 pm

I agree , I don't think the forum should change much. If anything must change maybe a few functions such as the "block" function.

I'm only a noob, and I understand the more senior members on the forum's problem with beardie posts etc... Loads of the time its over and over and over again, and it is something you can research on the web... At the same time I think this is a great forum to get some advice on animals, whether its beardies, or something more "advanced". And being a first time reptile-keeper can be a little intimidating. I think asking questions here is much better than not caring about the animal at all. The block function will help for someone not wanting to read about the problem over and over again.
Pieter van Zyl
Pieter89
SA Reptiles Member

Postby froot » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:39 am

And yes I am also getting tired of beardies, its the same thing over and over and over and over again and again and again.

I have an idea.

We can take the bearded dragon section for instance and divide it into 2 sections, 1 for a comprehensive caresheet and topics that are unique to the site and that we want to keep, and the other set to autoprune which means that any topic older than a set time will be automatically deleted. Nobody can post new topics in the 'keep' section but can reply to topics in there. If a topic appears in the 'disposable' section that is worth keeping, it get's moved into the 'keep' section by a moderator.

This will apply to commonly discussed areas of the hoddy such as Leopard geckos, Corn snakes, Redtail boas, Ball pythons, and anything else I cannot think of now.

Thoughts?
We salute the improvement of the human genome by honoring those who remove themselves from it.
Of necessity, this honor is generally bestowed posthumously. - www.darwinawards.com
froot
Founder Member

Postby Fooble » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:48 am

Froot see what i did there "LIKE" button although i could only press it once.
Organized crime comes in more forms than one.
Fooble
Forum gatekeeper

Postby fastback » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:54 am

The Only upgrade or add on to the site I would like to see, would be a EDIT function on your posts other wise I think the site is A OK, easy to use, easy to find new topics.

I often Miss something and would like to change it but can't.
Unless there is a reason why there is no Edit function like that?
fastback
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Pieter89 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:16 am

Only problem with edit function is if someone replies to your post and you edit it afterwards the reply won't make sense... it could become irritating...
Pieter van Zyl
Pieter89
SA Reptiles Member

Previous

Return to General Discussions