King Cobra or ornamental

Re: King Cobra or ornamental

Postby Smeegle » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:43 am

Sage wrote:oh and I gave my mom a corn snake, it escaped out of its wood/glass cage. I was like wot?... sheesh.. 2 years later we found the serpant in the roof twice the size ha ha.. :)

A guy I work with also had a white corn snake escape just over a year ago. He heard his dogs going beserk last night and was surprised to find the same snake in the garden near his gate! It also looked well fed and in great condition.

Wierd how yours and his stayed in the same location for all that time...
One of the most tragic things I know about human nature is that all of us tend to put off living. We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon instead of enjoying the roses that are blooming outside our windows today.
- Dale Carnegie
Smeegle
SA Reptiles Member

Postby it_bit_me » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:56 am

Smeegle wrote:
Sage wrote:oh and I gave my mom a corn snake, it escaped out of its wood/glass cage. I was like wot?... sheesh.. 2 years later we found the serpant in the roof twice the size ha ha.. :)

A guy I work with also had a white corn snake escape just over a year ago. He heard his dogs going beserk last night and was surprised to find the same snake in the garden near his gate! It also looked well fed and in great condition.

There's is a petshop in Boksburg that apparently lost an Reticulated python. The owner said that he's heard a few noises in the roof and saw some tracks in the dust but he's is not planning on getting in there with it.
If I'm gonna be an old, lonely man, I'm gonna need a thing, you know, a hook, like that guy on the subway who eats his own face. So I figure I'll be Crazy Man with a Snake, y'know. Crazy Snake Man. And I'll get more snakes, call them my babies, kids won't walk past my place, they will run. "Run away from Crazy Snake Man, " they'll shout!”
it_bit_me
SA Reptiles Member

Postby snake kid » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:59 am

I lost my first corn a few years ago right before winter, found it again 8 months later on the opposite side of the farm in my uncles house. Also still in good condition.
3.1. BCI
1.0. Burmese python
1.0. Taiwanese ratsnake
2.0. Cornsnake 1 normal 1 Butter
1.2. Brown house snake
1.1. Olive house snake
1.0. Mole snake
1.1. Rhombic egg eater
1.0. Coral snake
1.1. Red lipped herald
0.1. Cape cobra
1.1. Night adder
1.1. Puff adder
1.0. boomslang
snake kid
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Sage » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:03 am

it_bit_me wrote:
Smeegle wrote:

There's is a petshop in Boksburg that apparently lost an Reticulated python. The owner said that he's heard a few noises in the roof and saw some tracks in the dust but he's is not planning on getting in there with it.

He should get someone to check it out for him then :-) Just now dogs cats sheep or even children go missing LOL :P
das Quantum der Salbei https://plus.google.com/109729313234914312071
Sage
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Sage » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:12 am

Listen Guys how much do the Taiwanese Rat snakes go for? Any other suggestions will be appreciated.
Sage
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Jamster » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:14 am

Ok theyre not the most ornamental snake but a nice big molesnake will teach you to avoid getting bitten, There are lumo green nightadders around but they arent often available and ofcourse feeding can be a problem :)
1.0-reticulated python (Ripcord)
1.1-burmese pythons
5.5-brown house snakes
1.0-taiwanese ratsnake
3.8-BCI
1.1-corn snakes
1.2-rhombic skaapstekers
1.0-yellow rat snake
Jamster
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Jamster » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:17 am

Depends on how much youve got to spend. . . A friend of mine is selling three cave dwelling ratsnakes a.k.a Ridleys ratsnakes. Its like a taiwanese but with less markings and blues and purples.
1.0-reticulated python (Ripcord)
1.1-burmese pythons
5.5-brown house snakes
1.0-taiwanese ratsnake
3.8-BCI
1.1-corn snakes
1.2-rhombic skaapstekers
1.0-yellow rat snake
Jamster
SA Reptiles Member

Postby kinghero » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:15 am

I must say that I find it very disturbing to read on this forum alone, how many people lose an animal (pet). I have never lost even a coin let alone a pet. I’m sure it happens but it’s still disturbing what if that retic grabs a kid then bam more bad publicity for this beloved hobby of ours. I really think we should be more responsible as pet owners. Now I don’t want to step on any toes and I’m not attacking anyone that posted in this thread, I do think however we shouldn’t speak about such things so openly, it sets a president for new owners that join this forum (as in well it happened to them and the animal was fine why should I look for mine, it will turn up) just an idea
kinghero
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Sage » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:40 am

King

I see your point. But why keep it hush?, people come here to be informed and learn from others mistakes, then on they flip side they will lock the animals up properly and make sure they do not escape.

That's why i said someone needs to go check that python in the roof out and get it out there.

If someone lose's and animal and doesn't even bother looking for it, that makes no sense if you paid for it and care for it you want to find it.

The only president set here is to make sure you don't let them escape
Sage
SA Reptiles Member

Postby kinghero » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:59 am

Sage, not saying keeps it hush, saying that if you going to speak about it maybe we shouldn’t be so casual about the fact that it escaped in the first place. I saw you said someone needs to look for it and if I was closer id even go look for it, so at least I know you share my sentiment. It’s just really shocking to me that this happens to people, it’s just insane, mind baffling. But like I said I’m not here to fight or rock a boat or anything this is just the way my mind works and though that all the snake lovers would see my suggestion as it is a “suggestion” I mean I’m not a big snake lover but I do find them interesting, I am a pet lover thou and that’s why I found it so shocking
kinghero
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Sage » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:26 pm

Cool. :-D
Sage
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Gareth Scruby » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:33 pm

If I was you I would rather start at the shield nose or the corals as they tend to spread the hood so u could hopefully get used to the way the move and how bad tempered they can be atleast they not as venomous as the kings. They are also relatively small and a lot easier to keep. if u get used to them then its up to u to get ur king :)
Gareth Scruby
SA Reptiles Member

Postby snake kid » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:49 pm

Taiwanese baby's go for between R550 to R650 and adults up to R1500.
3.1. BCI
1.0. Burmese python
1.0. Taiwanese ratsnake
2.0. Cornsnake 1 normal 1 Butter
1.2. Brown house snake
1.1. Olive house snake
1.0. Mole snake
1.1. Rhombic egg eater
1.0. Coral snake
1.1. Red lipped herald
0.1. Cape cobra
1.1. Night adder
1.1. Puff adder
1.0. boomslang
snake kid
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Sage » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:58 pm

Guys how does a baby Ugandan Rhino Viper sound?

im 29 i do my research, and know the golden rule!! never to trust a serpent, NEVER TO GET INTO A COMFORT zone with a snake no matter what. They will kill you with one slight mistake!!! I really respect what you guys have said about hot snakes, and everyone can be thankful for the warnings and great info you guys give while people like me do our research.

New people like me must make sure of everything before bringing something so dangerous into your life.

No person should ever take a hot snake into there home/wendy house with out a super secure setup lots of research and a constant up keep of the animal. You have to have you ducks in a row!
Sage
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Sage » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:13 pm

Anyways when the timing is rite.

Cheers
Sage
SA Reptiles Member

PreviousNext

Return to Cobras (Naja sp.)