Some Scorpion and centipede pics

Re: Some Scorpion and centipede pics

Postby Bushviper » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:01 pm

kfc223 wrote:
F1refly wrote:
send you some more
Hurr? :smt017 Are you talking about more information or more scorpions, lexer?

I think he means more info because we all know we are not allowed to import any inverts.

You are allowed to import inverts as long as you have the proper permits. Apply and you might be surprised what they allow.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby F1refly » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:47 pm

Interesting. Tarantulas included?
"Welcome to Megaton, the Bomb is perfectely safe" - Deputy Weld, Fallout 3

"People don't die in America because of lack of Health Insurance. People die in America because people die in America" - Stephen Colbert

"Just because you don't understand how electricity works, doesn't mean it's the work of god"

Reptiles
1.0.0 Python regius
0.1.0 Pogona vitticeps
0.0.1 Elaphe guttata guttata
0.0.1 Eublepharis macularis
F1refly
SA Reptiles Member

Postby kfc223 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:49 pm

Wow... Thanks for the info BV!
kfc223
SA Reptiles Member

Postby F1refly » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:03 pm

I thought so, but a certain someone on a certain forum has been saying for years that import permits will never be allowed. Thanks for the info. I think I must find out if anyone on mentioned forum has ever bothered to apply for a permit. Probably were discouraged by said member. (Not reffering to this forum BTW)

"People don't die in America because of lack of Health Insurance. People die in America because people die in America" - Stephen Colbert

"Just because you don't understand how electricity works, doesn't mean it's the work of god"

Reptiles
1.0.0 Python regius
0.1.0 Pogona vitticeps
F1refly
SA Reptiles Member

Postby fastback » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:34 pm

BV, does this include tarantulas?

F1, There is one person who owned a import company, the guy is a memeber on Tarantulas.co.za ("Said Forum" that you keep hinting to) he's import permit was never given.
And that what was said by Natcon regarding importing of Tarantulas, it will never be allowed, unless it has changed and it is a bit easier to get the import permit , the right way now, it will diffidently put a stop to the on going illegal imports that are still coming into SA.
fastback
SA Reptiles Member

Postby F1refly » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:46 pm

Oh I know that but I was always told that all invert imports were banned so i was surprised that they werent. Thats what I was reffering to in my previous post.

Reptiles
1.0.0 Python regius
0.1.0 Pogona vitticeps
F1refly
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Ceratogyrus » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:17 pm

I am going to assume F1refly is talking about me. :)
It is illegal to import tarantulas...without a permit. That has always been fact and everyone knows that.
BV should know from the discussions that we had with Ian in person at Taki's place, that they will never allow imports of tarantulas into the country.
Sure anyone is welcome to try though, but I will put cash down that they would decline the permit in Gauteng. Maybe try another obscure province though if you like, but I still think your chances will be slim.
Ceratogyrus
SA Reptiles Member

Postby F1refly » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:32 pm

Wasnt reffering to you. Cant remeber the guys name but it was years ago when I was still researching tarantulas. About five or so years ago i think. He seemed adamant that all inverts arent allowed to be imported. I wonder if I should try and apply for a permit to import some Deaths Head Roaches?

Reptiles
1.0.0 Python regius
0.1.0 Pogona vitticeps
F1refly
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bushviper » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:41 am

I have seen permits for the wierdest animals being approved. Why not try and see what happens. Once the president has been set then the doors open.

Just remember for more than 30 years it was not possible to import reptiles except under lifetime quarantine. I managed to research the subject to the point where my proposal was accepted and today anybody can import reptiles. Somebody else now needs to step up to the plate and do the same.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby F1refly » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:41 pm

So do you think someone should go ahead and try and apply for an import permit for tarantulas? I wouldnt mind trying but dont want them keeping my 100 bucks as I am still a student :D

Reptiles
1.0.0 Python regius
0.1.0 Pogona vitticeps
F1refly
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Ceratogyrus » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:43 pm

F1refly wrote:So do you think someone should go ahead and try and apply for an import permit for tarantulas? I wouldnt mind trying but dont want them keeping my 100 bucks as I am still a student :D

If you are planning on applying and ordering from overseas, you will need a lot more than R100, so if you are worried about that, maybe its not for you. ;)
Still not convinced there is even a chance of a permit, but suppose anything is possible in SA.
Ceratogyrus
SA Reptiles Member

Postby F1refly » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:40 pm

Oops, was thinking of prices for other permits. Nah, it would probably be to much hassle to go through the whole process. I'll rather wait till someone else applies and see what happens.

Reptiles
1.0.0 Python regius
0.1.0 Pogona vitticeps
F1refly
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Ridolf » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:44 pm

I have a complete setup to house a giant centipede but I simply cannot find anyone who sells them. Please help me out here... I would love to keep one
Ridolf
SA Reptiles Member

Postby shadowfoot » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:12 pm

You can try asking around, but they are extremely difficult to breed so most of them will be wild caught specimens. Try asking on www.tarantulas.co.za
Shining brightly, even for a split
second, is better than living a
dull-grey life for eternity - Jing (King Of Bandits)
A life without gambling is like
sushi without wasabi - Gintoki (Gintama)
I have no fear of losing my life - if I have to save a koala or a crocodile or a kangaroo or a snake, mate, I will save it - Steve Irwin
shadowfoot
SA Reptiles Member

Postby F1refly » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:52 pm

If you are looking for Exotic centipedes then I doubt it, but you never know, maybe someone has them or has permits to import them. If you are looking for indigenous ones then Tarantulas.co.za is your best bet. I'll look around, we have plenty of big species here.

Reptiles
1.0.0 Python regius
0.1.0 Pogona vitticeps
F1refly
SA Reptiles Member

PreviousNext

Return to Scorpion keeping