Is the bite venomous???

This section will help you get first aid treatment protocols incase of an envenomation. This includes indigenous and exotic reptiles. Please do not use this forum for photo sharing, etc.

Re: Is the bite venomous???

Postby it_bit_me » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:55 pm

it_bit_me wrote:None of the tarantulas or baboons are lethal but you could get a fright and throw the spider. Are you comfortable with rainspiders?

What these guys are trying to say is listen to IT_bit_me, grow some balls and save up some money incase you throw like Allan Donald. :smt006
If I'm gonna be an old, lonely man, I'm gonna need a thing, you know, a hook, like that guy on the subway who eats his own face. So I figure I'll be Crazy Man with a Snake, y'know. Crazy Snake Man. And I'll get more snakes, call them my babies, kids won't walk past my place, they will run. "Run away from Crazy Snake Man, " they'll shout!”
it_bit_me
SA Reptiles Member

Postby froot » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:25 am

LOL
We salute the improvement of the human genome by honoring those who remove themselves from it.
Of necessity, this honor is generally bestowed posthumously. - www.darwinawards.com
froot
Founder Member

Postby Jamster » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:01 pm

I wouldve suggested holding them when they were a bit smaller so could progress and grow while being held throughout.But ja good luck :D

Read my favourite book again recently, its called Terrarium and I had a look at the tarantulas section and it said that depending on venom dosage, your allergies and your body size, etc there is a 1% to 5% chance that will have a serious reaction and need urgent medical attention. I think the most important factor there is your allergies.
1.0-reticulated python (Ripcord)
1.1-burmese pythons
5.5-brown house snakes
1.0-taiwanese ratsnake
3.8-BCI
1.1-corn snakes
1.2-rhombic skaapstekers
1.0-yellow rat snake
Jamster
SA Reptiles Member

Previous

Return to Venom Club