Mist Machines or Rain Makers.

This is for anything with regards to reptiles which is not species specific or over a broad band of reptiles. Be it husbandry, caging, etc. you can post it here.

Mist Machines or Rain Makers.

Postby boaboy » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:13 am

Hi guys,

I want to make a really nice tank for my GTP. I have the majority of the work done all that I am stuck with at the moment is getting it to rain.
I know that there are several rain makers or mist machines out there but has anyone used any of them and have any recommendations?
I tried to make my own but I don’t think it turned out quite right. If anyone has any advise on making one that would go down well too.

Thanks in advance!

Regards
James
1.1 Dwarf Reticulated Python
1.1 Green Tree Python
1.1 Jaguar Carpet Pythons
1.1 Bredli Carpet Pythons
0.1 Jungle Jaguar Carpet Python
0.0.1 Bosc Monitor
0.2 Mexican Red Knee (For Sale)

For something to happen, something must be done!!
boaboy
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Mist Machines or Rain Makers.

Postby it_bit_me » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:28 am

MIstking is the prefered one- look for one that doesn't make too much noise. The high pressure pumps can put out an lot of geraas.

You can buy a pipe with nozzles loose in SA and connect it to an tap with timer. It will clog up quick though and you gotta have an pipe and nozzle that uses less than 12 bar.
Last edited by it_bit_me on Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
If I'm gonna be an old, lonely man, I'm gonna need a thing, you know, a hook, like that guy on the subway who eats his own face. So I figure I'll be Crazy Man with a Snake, y'know. Crazy Snake Man. And I'll get more snakes, call them my babies, kids won't walk past my place, they will run. "Run away from Crazy Snake Man, " they'll shout!”
it_bit_me
SA Reptiles Member

Postby it_bit_me » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:29 am

:-D
If I'm gonna be an old, lonely man, I'm gonna need a thing, you know, a hook, like that guy on the subway who eats his own face. So I figure I'll be Crazy Man with a Snake, y'know. Crazy Snake Man. And I'll get more snakes, call them my babies, kids won't walk past my place, they will run. "Run away from Crazy Snake Man, " they'll shout!”
it_bit_me
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Urucone » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:19 pm

The exo terra monsoons are alright little on the expensive side but easy to get and easy to install, my monsoons get refilled once every 3 days, but it depends on how many cages are connected, I use one monsoon on three cages and it helps, it has a timer to set for how long it should mist and how many times a day, I'll check my prices and p.m you.
as long as you keep quiet, no one will notice that your dumb
Urucone
SA Reptiles Member

Postby boaboy » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:30 pm

Fantastic, Thanks all fro the help.

I am planning on getting a 90x45x45/60x60x45 exo terra tank (Still looking) for my gtp and then make in a self sustaining with mist/rain.
Looking frowards to setting up a really nice tank for her!
1.1 Dwarf Reticulated Python
1.1 Green Tree Python
1.1 Jaguar Carpet Pythons
1.1 Bredli Carpet Pythons
0.1 Jungle Jaguar Carpet Python
0.0.1 Bosc Monitor
0.2 Mexican Red Knee (For Sale)

For something to happen, something must be done!!
boaboy
SA Reptiles Member

Return to General Reptile Keeping