Kind and caring Cobra saves innocent puppies!

Here is the place to discuss anything not related to reptiles and does not fall into any other catagories.

Kind and caring Cobra saves innocent puppies!

Postby Bianca » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:20 pm

This is a laugh.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=396094840478562&set=a.117889694965746.31131.115978338490215&type=1&theater

" They found that the Cobra which was supposed to be a threat for all animals including Man, was actually safeguarding the little pups from not getting drowned when the pups moved towards the danger area of the well. "

"Cobra, which is supposed to be a dangerous animal to others also had the sense to know that the pups were merely Little creatures who are innocent and loving. Also, that perhaps the snake had the feelings to understand the love behind the the mother dogs bark. "

This is just too much, and the comments below the picture - my sides are splitting!
Bianca
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Kind and caring Cobra saves innocent puppies!

Postby Serpent » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:44 pm

That is the dumbest FB post I have ever read! Creatins! Lassie the cobra saves the day!
Serpent
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Kennyakagera » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:20 pm

I have to say, every single time I let my 2 meter forest cobra in charge of my 1 year old niece, he took GREAT care of her and would read up at any danger and even hiss to call me for help ....
Snakes are so sweet hearts !
East African Herpetofauna Group.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/662521540444058/
Kennyakagera
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Mamba no 5 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:49 pm

You've got to feel sorry for that snake, the temptation of eating the puppies vs the high moral values it was raised in. Thank goodness it must have come from a decent family or else those puppies would have been snake-food.

(lol)
(insert inspiring quote here)
Mamba no 5
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Aaxel » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:49 pm

Personally I wouldn't have burst their 'snake saved puppies' story, If people believe that snakes have feelings and blah blah, they may hesitate before killing them. Besides if some people are ignorant in how they believe snakes are out to get them, why not replace that initial ignorance with a less harmfull one?
never argue with idiots, they will drag you down their level then beat you with experience
Aaxel
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Kennyakagera » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:14 am

Aaxel wrote:why not replace that initial ignorance with a less harmfull one?

Hi aaxel

Why not ?
Because they would stay ignorant for their life, and it wouldn't help them in any way... Neither the species...
They would stay uneducated and might do as much damage than what they do now ... By saying things as said in that post they might put themself and the snake in big trouble.
They will eventually discover that snakes aren't careful and react with nothing else than instinct ...
Putting up "rumors" like this can be more threatening for the species than leaving things as they are ...
There is only one solution for saving snakes and we all know what it is: EDUCATION.

I'm not arguing with you Aaxel because I wish what you said could work but I'm just giving my opinion ...

Regards
Kenny.
East African Herpetofauna Group.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/662521540444058/
Kennyakagera
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bushviper » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:53 pm

Snakes get so much bad publicity any good publicity is a good thing. Nobody really cares. The people who dont know are not going to suddenly see the light if you were scientifically correct. Just leave it be.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby coral snake » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:36 pm

Being ectotherms, snakes need an exterior heat source( duh ) that's the only reason the cobra remainded with the pups-for heat. They were far to big to be eaten. But as Bv said its good publicity.
Brown House snake 0.2
Corn snake normal 3.1
Corn snake Albino 0.1
Leopard Gecko 0.0.1
Western Hognose 1.0
White lipped Tree viper 1.1
Yellow anaconda 1.0
Bahai scarlet birdeater 0.1
Fire Red birdeater 0.1
Curly hair 0.1
Chilean rose 0.1

-Alex Parsons