New member and AFT lover

Welcome to the forum. Tell us a bit about yourself here.

New member and AFT lover

Postby ewertb » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:11 pm

Hi everyone

Keeping tarantulas and in gereral having an innate attraction to things exotic, weird and wonderful it's no surprise that my attentions were caught by african fat tail geckos, the 'white out' morph specifically. And that's also unfortunately where the dream shattering and reality of the hobby also hit; in that we live in SA and these morphs are not available locally and to try and import anything alive into this country effectively tripples the price making them for me as a beginner and simple pet enthusiast unattainable...

Whatever the case may be I'm dead set on keeping a pair or trio of AFTs so, here I am, hoping to learn and possibly find these new additions to my family. Please give me a shout if you or someone you know have some pretty (and albinos don't count as pretty) juvinile or baby (I like to grow things up myself) AFTs up for sale.

Regards.
African Fat Tailed Geckos 0.2.0
Ball Pythons 2.3.0
ewertb
SA Reptiles Member

Re: New member and AFT lover

Postby wadekilian » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:57 pm

Please fill in your location on your profile so we can tell you which breeders are closer to you :-)

Welcome btw.
073 815 4741
BBM - 296fe3c5
wadekilian@yahoo.com
wadekilian
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Frank » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:24 pm

afta1.jpg

How can you say albinos aren't pretty?

Each to his own I suppose.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Please go have a look at my facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fs-Geckos/362339593874889
Frank
SA Reptiles Member

Postby ewertb » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:14 pm

Yyyaaaa... No!

Lol! Maybe I just don't like orange and purple combined all that much...

Now this, this is my ultimate desire! This is what I crave!! White Out het Oreo female... :smt007
Ball Pythons 2.3.0
ewertb
SA Reptiles Member

Postby wadekilian » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:52 pm

Contact Henry Kemp, he's from Witbank. He breeds really nice African Fat-tail and Leopard Gecko morphs. I've gotten one gecko from him, but I've seen the stuff he produces, and its crazy. The gecko I did get from him had one of the best appetites of any of gecko I've had. His bloodlines are also strong, so there's a good chance that your gecko will turn out better than you expected.

www.animaniacs.co.za
073 815 4741
BBM - 296fe3c5
wadekilian@yahoo.com
wadekilian
SA Reptiles Member

Postby ewertb » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:57 am

I was in contact with Henry as I considered importing myself a 'white out' pair. Needless to say that when it became apparent that by importing to SA a $500 gecko would turn into a R15000 investment I declared defeat and threw in the towl on that idea. Considering that I'm going into this a complete beginner that's at this stage merely looking for a pet and with no real desire to seriously breed I simply can't justify that amount for a gecko... And besides, he never actually answered my question as to where he intends to obtain the geckos and whether they would have just been randomly selected 'on my behalf' or if I'll at least be given some photos so I can pick which I wanted.

But yeah, he seems to be one of the more prevalent around with AFTs so I'll go have a look at what he's got.
Ball Pythons 2.3.0
ewertb
SA Reptiles Member

Postby ewertb » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:00 am

Are there any AFT breeders in Gauteng that I might contact?
Ball Pythons 2.3.0
ewertb
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Introductions