male or female

This is for anything with regards to reptiles which is not species specific or over a broad band of reptiles. Be it husbandry, caging, etc. you can post it here.

male or female

Postby mamba » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:49 pm

Greetings all.... Please can anyone in Centurion area be as kind as to help me with the sex of my corn snake... I'm sorry as I know this is an always asked question.... I tried Petatude however his very busy. The reason for the urgency is that I was always told she is a she but no one is 100% sure....?? So probing in now necessary because I have bought her ( her hopefully ) a male for matting and company and have to collect tomorrow.... He is awesome... Also a corn snake of the same colour.... My he/she ?? Is 1.6 meters, his 1.7 M... So big please if anyone can sex her 100%........ Thanking you!!
mamba
SA Reptiles Member

Re: male or female

Postby Westley Price » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:31 pm

If you can post a picture of the underside of the tail we can try to help.

Just from above the cloaca to the tip of the tail.
"I am dying by inches from not having anybody to talk to about insects." - Charles Darwin
Westley Price
Forum gatekeeper

Re: male or female

Postby Bushviper » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:58 pm

If the snake is really 1.6 metres in length I would be really surprised if it was a female. Take the photo and post it. just hold the tail straight out and take the pic. Its pretty easy to see when they are that size.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Return to General Reptile Keeping