Reptile cages

Here is the place to discuss anything not related to reptiles and does not fall into any other catagories.

Reptile cages

Postby Lukas » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:50 pm

Hi all
A while ago there was an advertisement in the classifieds of someone building cages, rack systems etc. It was something called like Mike’s cages or Mike’s racks? But I can’t remember. There was also a price list with all the different sizes and prices. Can someone please help me with a contact number or email?

Thanks
Lukas
Lukas
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Reptile cages

Postby Smeegle » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:38 am

Here you go...

Reptile Cages

Custom cages and racks built to size.

Shop and personal display's no matter what your need we can meet them!!

Discount on bulk orders!

Contact
Mike
mikestanks@live.com
BBM:297BAED1
One of the most tragic things I know about human nature is that all of us tend to put off living. We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon instead of enjoying the roses that are blooming outside our windows today.
- Dale Carnegie
Smeegle
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Amphibian » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:16 pm

Stay far away from that chap. PM me if you want details.
"When dealing with people, let us remember we are not dealing with creatures of logic.
We are dealing with creatures of emotion, creatures bustling with prejudice and motivated by pride and vanity" – Dale Carnegie
Amphibian
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Lukas » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:01 pm

Thanks guys!!
Lukas
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Westley Price » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:25 am

Amphibian, please share your experience with this guy to help other interested parties.

If he's super dodgy we dont want his ads on the forum anyway.
"I am dying by inches from not having anybody to talk to about insects." - Charles Darwin
Westley Price
Forum gatekeeper

Postby Smeegle » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:39 am

Sorry Guys, I'm not vouching for this person at all as I have never dealt with him in any way.

I simply still had the advert in my e-mail and was just trying to help. If he is dodgy, please don't blame me:)
One of the most tragic things I know about human nature is that all of us tend to put off living. We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon instead of enjoying the roses that are blooming outside our windows today.
- Dale Carnegie
Smeegle
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Amphibian » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:31 pm

The chaps name is Mike de Sa and he is a scumbag thief.
Took a big deposit for a couple large racks and then tried to disappear. Managed to track him down after nearly a month and I am now looking to recover the money through what will most likely be lengthy legal procedures.

Being a reptile keeper for many years I am still shocked at just how many of these bottom feeders gravitate toward the hobby.
"When dealing with people, let us remember we are not dealing with creatures of logic.
We are dealing with creatures of emotion, creatures bustling with prejudice and motivated by pride and vanity" – Dale Carnegie
Amphibian
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Westley Price » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:37 pm

Yeah, if that's the case, we can probably delete his ads in the future, or possibly restrict his user rights so he cannot post ads without approval.

Let's see if he comes back to defend himself.

His actual contributions to the forum ended in April 2012, so he is simply using us for advertising now.
"I am dying by inches from not having anybody to talk to about insects." - Charles Darwin
Westley Price
Forum gatekeeper

Postby froot » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:29 am

It's not a problem if a user stops contributing and only trades on the site. If we receive only negative reports about him we will put an end to his access to the site for trading like the rest of the scammers that try their luck here.

Please make sure any criticism is accurate without emotion, we all know how these things can get blown out of proportion.
We salute the improvement of the human genome by honoring those who remove themselves from it.
Of necessity, this honor is generally bestowed posthumously. - www.darwinawards.com
froot
Founder Member

Postby scally » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:13 am

Byron Zimmerman does very nice cages at very decent prices
And I know a few people who have dealt with him and are very happy with what they got

Bbm: 24E6EAAE
Cell : 0828946783
scally
SA Reptiles Member

Postby jaksno.9 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:38 pm

Is there anyone in Gauteng that makes snake cage... Please email me jaksno.9@webmail.co.za
Jacques Kruger
8.19.0 Ball pythons (Various Morphs)
1.2.0 Blizzard Corn
0.1.0 Blood red Corn
jaksno.9
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Mitton » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:30 am

jaksno.9 wrote:Is there anyone in Gauteng that makes snake cage... Please email me jaksno.9@webmail.co.za

Not only rack, cages as well.
buysell/single_ad.php?ad_id=13855
www.moreliapythons.co.za
Mitton
Forum gatekeeper

Postby Tars » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:24 pm

For cages you can contact Milty Sauerman @ 0712777932, he has a woodwork academy in Roodepoort, he does beautiful high quality work, he works 100% according to your specifications. http://www.miltysacademy.com/home
Tars
SA Reptiles Member

Postby MIKE.D » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:14 pm

Hi All,
I'm back to defend myself....

Yes everything that was said is true.

I did take the deposit and I did not supply the goods.
I had fallen on some hard times and it got the better of me.

Funny how this post does not explain that after all of this Chris got his money back in full without having to go to cout or any of that... In fact I think to some extent he had even given up on it. Yet I stayed true to my word and paid him every cent back.

Please understand that no one on this forum is above being a victim of circumstance and unlike what social media shows we all hit rock bottom at some point in time....

The only thing that you can do is stay true to your character and come out untouched with a lesson learned or allow it to swollow you up and turn you into something that leaves you a empty shell of what you once were.
Custom and Standard Size Tanks Made By Order.
MIKE.D
SA Reptiles Member

Return to General Discussions