crested gecko diet???

Here you will find information regarding care for your reptiles. These are member contributions.

crested gecko diet???

Postby dwarteg » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:33 pm

Good day all,

I am from cape town and have been keeping snakes for a long time however I have just got a beautiful crested gecko for my son and now I cant find the crested gecko diet everyone is raving about!!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!! is there someone that can tell me how I can get hold of some CGD as I like to feed my animals the best, pet shop said I should feed baby food but just don't feel right.

many thanks for your assistance .
dwarteg
SA Reptiles Member

Re: crested gecko diet???

Postby Cytotoxin » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:14 am

Hey dude.

I just got mine I ordered - from one of local importing web sites. I have enough to last me a while, so will help you out with what I have left. Am also from Cape Town - Nothern Suburbs. You can call me on 0835577213.

Neil
2.2.0 Corn snakes
1.1.0 Mangrove pit vipers
0.0.3 While lip tree vipers
1.1.4 Crested Geckos
0.0.1 Day gecko
Cytotoxin
SA Reptiles Member

Postby NewtTZ » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:46 am

I will be stocking day gecko/crested gecko food from next year.

Supplier still has to confirm prices with me.

Tim's Reptile Supplies
www.timsreptiles.co.za
NewtTZ
SA Reptiles Member

Postby cascade » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:41 am

You can order from Tarantulacafe.co.za, but Hendrik is on leave till the 15 of January but he stocks Crested Gecko MRP.
Tarantulacafe.co.za
cascade
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Docmorrie » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:22 pm

I have great success with my own mix. Excellent growth rates with healthy weights. I am using the following ingredients:

Avi-Plus Lorikeet Nectar (about R40 for a kg) , supplemented with Repti-Vite Calcium and Peach Purity. I also add a drop of honey. Honey is a natural anti-septic and will inhibit mould growth.

My recipe:

Half teaspoon of Avi-Plus Lorikeet Nectar
Half teaspoon of Peach Purity (They seem to like the taste)
A knife-tip of Repti-Vite Calcium (with Vit D3)
Drop of Honey

Mix with little bit of water to make a smooth paste, not too stiff, yet, not watery.

This would be more than enough for at least 2 cresties. I recently experimented with "Banana & Oats Purity" as a substitute for the peach purity due to its higher protein content. The cresties love it!

All my cresties are alert, vibrant in colour and healthy. They react very well on this diet. One of my males dislikes livefood, he will simply not touch it, and I offered a vast variety. He only feeds on above mentioned nectar mix with no ill effects. Even his endolymphatic pouches are nice and plump, which is a indication of adequate Calcium stores.
Brought to you by "M.S. Living Art Geckos"

Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/MSLivingArtGeckos
Docmorrie
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Care Sheets