Please advise

This is for anything with regards to reptiles which is not species specific or over a broad band of reptiles. Be it husbandry, caging, etc. you can post it here.

Please advise

Postby Sgt.Corn » Mon May 05, 2014 10:16 am

Hi all hope you all well,

A mate of mine wants me to take his Jaguar Carpet off his hands as he just doesn't have the time anymore(which is a poor excuse but anyway).
It about 1.2m at the moment eating and sheeding like a boss, no problems at all.

The thing is i'm not really wanting to keep it myself as i'm not really wanting snakes that grow 3m+ at the moment needless to say i dont have the space for a big tank like that anyway.

So as he has given me his blessing to sell it keep it trade it whatever, i would much rather trade it then get money as i myself am trying to grow my collection a little bit. But as im new to this i dont really know what a snake that size or species is worth any advice and help would be greatly appreciated on what i should do.
Sgt.Corn

Snakes in my care: 6
1 Ball Python Male
1 Amelystic Male Corn
1 Oketee het Anery Female Corn
1 Snow Corn
1 Ghost Corn
1 Jaguar Carpet Python Male
Sgt.Corn
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Please advise

Postby Westley Price » Mon May 05, 2014 2:56 pm

Jaguar Carpets are very cool and seldom reach 3m. Only the real Coastals get than big, but more typically you are looking at 2.0-2.5m. Some (like Jungles) even max out at shorter than that.

Carpet Python morphs are really taking off in RSA so I suggest you keep it!
"I am dying by inches from not having anybody to talk to about insects." - Charles Darwin
Westley Price
Forum gatekeeper

Postby Sgt.Corn » Thu May 08, 2014 8:48 am

As soon as i got the snake, i changed my mind and i am taking your advice.

i will be keeping the snake got it yesterday already settled in the most relaxed docile snake ive ever handled very cool.

Thanks again.
Sgt.Corn

Snakes in my care: 6
1 Ball Python Male
1 Amelystic Male Corn
1 Oketee het Anery Female Corn
1 Snow Corn
1 Ghost Corn
1 Jaguar Carpet Python Male
Sgt.Corn
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Westley Price » Thu May 08, 2014 9:38 am

I am not sure how clued up you are on genetics, but the cool thing about Jags is that if you pair your Jag to a Normal, you will get 50% Normals and 50% Jags.

It's called a co-dominant morph.
"I am dying by inches from not having anybody to talk to about insects." - Charles Darwin
Westley Price
Forum gatekeeper

Return to General Reptile Keeping