Angolan Snake Park Advice Needed

This is for anything with regards to reptiles which is not species specific or over a broad band of reptiles. Be it husbandry, caging, etc. you can post it here.

Angolan Snake Park Advice Needed

Postby Angola snakes » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:42 am

Dear All

We are planning to build and open a snake park in Luanda Angola. I would like to hear from the members if they have any ideas/advise on this topic that they don't mind sharing. Would only house snakes from Angola. We believe there is enough types in Angola to have a proper snake park.

No exotics will be housed. Would like to hear from members on building the cages and which way is the safest as there will be Hot ones in the park. We like the idea of not handling the hot snakes. Please assist. Regards Daniel
Angola snakes
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Angolan Snake Park Advice Needed

Postby nyami » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:56 am

Good Day Daniel,

I work in Angola as a wildlife consultant dealing mostly with snakes and other reptiles. I will be happy to advise you. You can contact me via my private e-mail : nyamireptile@yahoo.co.uk

regards

Tim
nyami
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Chopper 1 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:18 pm

Angola snakes wrote:Dear All

We are planning to build and open a snake park in Luanda Angola. I would like to hear from the members if they have any ideas/advise on this topic that they don't mind sharing. Would only house snakes from Angola. We believe there is enough types in Angola to have a proper snake park.

No exotics will be housed. Would like to hear from members on building the cages and which way is the safest as there will be Hot ones in the park. We like the idea of not handling the hot snakes. Please assist. Regards Daniel

Speak to Warren Klein here. He is based in Angola and will be able to help you a lot in all the aspects as he is well versed in the reptile park industry!!
Good luck!
To fly is Heavenly but to hover is Divine
Chopper 1
SA Reptiles Member

Postby nyami » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:25 pm

Chopper 1, Warren and I work together ;) Hope you are well!
nyami
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Angola snakes » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:46 pm

Dear Friends

Please send me some Angolan phone numbers as I would like to call you guys here in Angola.

Thank you
Daniel
Angola snakes
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Ruan Stander » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:21 am

I think it would be a good idea to have a few exotic species on display. Perhaps only exotic African species at least ?
The way to success has no shortcuts.
Ruan Stander
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Chopper 1 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:39 pm

nyami wrote:Chopper 1, Warren and I work together ;) Hope you are well!

Yes thanks Tim - Warren told me a few years back he organised you a spot there :D
Chopper 1
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Chopper 1 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:39 pm

nyami wrote:Chopper 1, Warren and I work together ;) Hope you are well!

Yes thanks Tim - Warren told me a few years back he organised you a spot there :D
Chopper 1
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Angola snakes » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:27 pm

Dear fellow members:

I am trying to put together the most important snakes in Africa. Venomous and non Venomous. Could the members assist in advising me on who and where we can buy (legal) these snakes for export to Angola. Could you also advise me on the best type of glass and mm would be best and safe for visitors to our establishment.

Out of members experience: is bigger cages stressful for the snakes? We would like to make sure the snakes have got good space to move around. We are also interested to have at least two of the same type of snakes in one cage.

Thank you in Advance.
Daniel
Angola snakes
SA Reptiles Member

Return to General Reptile Keeping