Please help Identify Morph

Please help Identify Morph

Postby change941 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:00 pm

Good Day,

Could anyone please help identify this little guy. He varies in color quite dramatically based on temp. Based on what I have seen on net I am assuming Murphy's pattern-less. If so is there anyway of telling what final color would be when older? I will upload a photo compared to one of my other females. If not what could it be? Also is there a way of determining other possible hets based on appearance?

Help is much appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
change941
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Please help Identify Morph

Postby change941 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:56 am

Great thanks, would love to to get more opinions, mind posting a photo of yours?
change941
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Please help Identify Morph

Postby immaculate geckos » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:23 am

murphy patternless is 100% correct. they do change colour randomly even with adults. In general yellowish body and purplish tail with no spots what so ever.

het traits are not generally able to be seen visually however het murphy patternless is shown by smaller spots especially on the tail. that being said with all the morphs available today it is difficult to tell so knowing the parents will help with that. If i remember correctly het Blizzards also have this spotting. those are the only 2 with markers that i can think of. I have a murphy patternless het rain water that looks the same as my normal murphys. without good record keeping I cant tell the difference.
immaculate geckos
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Leopard geckos (Eublepharis macularius)