Carpet colleciton

Carpet colleciton

Postby dahof_herphub » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:39 am

Hi all, this is my first post. Had a decent camera over the weekend from a friend and was playing around a bit. These are my Carpet pythons.

First off, my male Jungle – Trigger. Named by my wife for his “ever readiness” to strike at anything he sees moving. He has calmed down a lot though since I got him last year October.
The first picture I took when I got him
And then I wish I had a better quality camera at the time for this pose but unfortunately I only had my phone camera available. This was the best one I got
When I got him he was a fairly decent yellow but over time has gotten more “white”. How often does this occur or would I be correct in saying he is most likely not a jungle?
The new pictures taken over the weekend (they show how white he is now)

Next we have my female Jag – Athena. She was very curious as to what was happening and would not stay still for a minute but I managed to get some shots of her that weren’t all blurred.

And then we have my male Jag – Zeus, Athena’ brother. He was the most co-operative, I really like the pictures I got of him

I got these two from a chap who was moving down to Cape Town in February this year. I must say I am really surprised at the temperament difference between the three of them. While Trigger is still rather nippy, both Zeus and Athena are “puppy dog tame” and even my 3 year old son handles them on a regular basis - with supervision of course. They are all roughly 2 years old according to the details I got when I acquired them.
Here they are together from a few months back

I would also just like to thank Mitton for helping me sex them, really appreciate it. I hope one day I can have a collection as magnificent as yours

Hope you enjoyed :D
dahof_herphub
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Carpet colleciton

Postby Mitton » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:23 am

Very nice collection, love the black and white.

I would say Trigger is a Jag sibling so will be Jungle x Coastal.
www.moreliapythons.co.za
Mitton
Forum gatekeeper

Postby Westley Price » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:52 pm

Your Jags are absolute stunners, especially Zeus!

Thanx for posting.
"I am dying by inches from not having anybody to talk to about insects." - Charles Darwin
Westley Price
Forum gatekeeper

Postby Savu » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:57 pm

Also like the black and white. Am just wondering, if it's a possible cross between a jungle and coastal, why would that be a jag sibling?
Savu
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Mitton » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:18 am

Savu wrote:Am just wondering, if it's a possible cross between a jungle and coastal, why would that be a jag sibling?

Because Jag is a morph of Coastal, the babies will always have Coastal in them. When you breed a Jungle to a Jag, it is basically breeding a Jungle to a Coastal and the non-Jag babies will be Jungle\Coastal crosses, called Jag siblings.
www.moreliapythons.co.za
Mitton
Forum gatekeeper

Postby dahof_herphub » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:32 am

Thanks to all for the comments

While cleaning this weekend I took some new pictures of Trigger, he is close to shedding now and is eating a small rat every 2 weeks or so

Here they are

dahof_herphub
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Carpet pythons (Morelia spilota sp.)