The mining of quary to build roads within the Western Shores

Here is the place to discuss anything not related to reptiles and does not fall into any other catagories.

The mining of quary to build roads within the Western Shores

Postby Sean » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:35 am

Got this off anoer forum, thought u guy may be able 2 help.

The mining of quary to build roads within the Western Shores region of lake St. Lucia, along the Elephant Coast of KZN South Africa has destroyed many swallows roosting grounds as the earth wall where their nests were has been cut away during the mining operation.

Any body out there know how to get a court order or some similar device to be able to bring these guys to book?

I have requested documentaion from the GSLWPA (Greater St. Lucia wetlands park Authority) before, but have yet to even recieve a reply stating that they have recieved my request.

My most recent request has how ever been acknowledged, but the guys from DAEA (KZN provincial department of Agriculture and Environmental affairs) seem to be looking at this issue as a minor infingement, and are not serious about taking action against the GSLWPA ( Greater St. Lucia wetlands aprk Authority) who commissioned the road building, and as I under stand the issue have given the road builders permission to mine this previously closed quarry.

We need to find the big gunns to take on this isuue. Any body know the right people or the correct procedure please help...

send email to help4swallows@info4u.co.za if you can help us in any way.
billygoats taste of chicken
Sean
SA Reptiles Honorary Member

Postby snake-5 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:00 am

Why not try 50/50 they may t5ake this matter up
MY RETICS ARE ADIMANT THAT PEOPLE TASTE LIKE CHICKEN.

Im Zenafobic... that zena chick from t.v scares the cr@# out of me.
snake-5
SA Reptiles Member

Return to General Discussions