Skink

Skink

Postby MrG » Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:58 pm

Call-out for a snake that turned out to be a Skink.
And confiscated this boy that was kept in a tank on the "stoep".
MrG
SA Reptiles Honorary Member

Postby Quintin » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:49 pm

Great stuff MRG... Do you have the right to confiscate reptiles?? If so pls PM me..

I know of a couple of people in fochville who keep illegal snakes in bad conditions.

I'm in two minds here.. I have also (sure allot of you too) kept illegal snakes in the past. But at least i knew how to care for them..

Regards,,

Quintin
Quintin
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bushviper » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:41 pm

Keeping an agama in a fish tank amounts to cruelty. You can go and lay a charge or else they can hand it over for release. If you have a catching permit (as MrG has) this allows you to transport and release it so that side is covered.

If they however do not want you to take the lizard you have to go lay and charge and then the process becomes complicated.

Nice skink MrG. Cape skinks have a decent nip so dont let them get hold of the soft flesh on your hands.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby froot » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:36 pm

It's not often that one finds Cape skinks around these parts, lovely animals. Strange that they misidentified a skink for a snake while they keep an agama in a tank.
We salute the improvement of the human genome by honoring those who remove themselves from it.
Of necessity, this honor is generally bestowed posthumously. - www.darwinawards.com
froot
Founder Member

Return to North West