P.Natalenses

P.Natalenses

Postby MrG » Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:50 pm

Call-out in Oberholser, Carletonville.
Never thought that a Afroc would even occur in that area.
MrG
SA Reptiles Honorary Member

Postby froot » Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:51 pm

Wow! Me neither.
We salute the improvement of the human genome by honoring those who remove themselves from it.
Of necessity, this honor is generally bestowed posthumously. - www.darwinawards.com
froot
Founder Member

Postby Quintin » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:05 pm

Hi MrG.. Great find. Just around the corner from me!!! Perhaps it was an escape? but i know of rock pythons found in the area!

I also didnt think that one would find them here, but then again in Fochville i stoped at a Muti shop when i saw python skins hanging inside the shop - I then asked the bloke where all the skins come from and he said that people chatch them in and around the mining area on the monkey mountains and sell them for muti! VERY UNFORTUNATE!!!

I did my best to give him a bit of an educational talk, but i doubt anything was taken to heart. I think its that dreaded cultural gap, and he after all makes money off of he's sad beliefs!!!!!

There is a smallish Game farm, right next to Vaal Maseru on the way to Carletonville. (That area is known as Monkey mountain). I want to plan a herping day there soon. This place was known for rock pythons. Let me know if you want in.. seeing that you are in the area allot!

Regards,

Quintin
Quintin
SA Reptiles Member

Postby swazi » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:08 pm

MrG your fingers look a little squished!
Swazi
Women are Angels...and when someone breaks our wings...we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick..we are flexible like that.
swazi
SA Reptiles Member

Postby MrG » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:45 pm

:D :D :D
Not mine Swazi but a very nervous employee.
:lol:
Quinton if you are available and have a catching permit I would gladly send through all the calls in that area.

We can make a plan just let me know in advance.
MrG
SA Reptiles Honorary Member

Postby Quintin » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:58 pm

I am working on the catching permit. Just have to submit my docs to join the THA first.

I have been catching and realeasing problem reptiles for years in Fochville and in the Mining village! Didnt have catch and release permits then, but i didnt care, because the best chance of survival for those reptiles was ME.. lol But will be legally able to do so soon!

I live in Fochville but work in Johannesburg (edenvale). I drive in and out every day, so i wont be able to attend to calls during the week!

Will let you know!

Q
Quintin
SA Reptiles Member

Return to North West