Thrasops jacksonii

Snakes exotic to South Africa with venoms that are not considered to be medically important.

View gallery

Thrasops jacksonii

Postby Contortrix » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:31 pm

Is there anyone on the forum that has been bitten by Thrasops jacksonii or know anyone that have been? Their venom is supposed to be very similar to boomslang (Dispholidus) but they have not the same advanced way of delivering the venom. I keep a pair that i'll try and breed later this yearm my female is the biggest and are totally calm but the male is really stressed out when handled and puff up it's neck but never tries to bite.

I want to hear stories, experienses and everything regarding Thrasops jacksonii.

Thanks. Ronny

Female:

Male:
Contortrix
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Death-Skull » Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:33 am

sorry dont wanna b mean but wat is that? I gather it is a "Thrasops jacksonii" but common name?
------------"A GUY stands up for HIMSELF -BUT- A MAN stnands up for OTHERS"------------"Si vis pacem, para bellum"------------
Death-Skull
SA Reptiles Member

Postby damiensharjah » Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:45 am

Black tree snake
damiensharjah
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Death-Skull » Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:56 am

where r they found??
------------"A GUY stands up for HIMSELF -BUT- A MAN stnands up for OTHERS"------------"Si vis pacem, para bellum"------------
Death-Skull
SA Reptiles Member

Postby damiensharjah » Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:02 am

East Africa and into the Congo Basin (IE: Uganda, Burundi, DRC et. as well as Kenya and I think the northern lick of Tanzania)
damiensharjah
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Exotic mildly venomous snakes