Asian Spitting Cobras

Asian Spitting Cobras

Postby Boadicea » Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:39 pm

Now I am upset. Surfed the net for these and got a whole lot of sites advertising stuffed Asian spitters and snake skins :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
For the life of me I cannot understand the human race. :smt021
Can someone please tell me some useful things about LIVE Asian spitters such as:
1. Where exactly in the world do they come from?
2. Is their venom mainly cytotoxic like the other spitters?
3. What is their temperament like in comparison to other cobras?
4. How easy is it to breed them?
I noticed from the gallery that Swazi has some. Maybe she can give me some advice about keeping and breeding them?
Will try to take and post some pics of my babies later when they have settled down.
"You and I wear the dangerous looseness of doom and find it becoming. Life, for eternal us, is now; and now is much too busy being a little more than everything to seem anything, catastrophic included"- e e cummings
Boadicea
SA Reptiles Member

Postby WW » Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:50 pm

If I may be excused a spot of self-promotion, have a look at http://biology.bangor.ac.uk/~bss166/Taxa/AsNaja.htm

Cheers,

WW
WW
SA Reptiles Member

Asian Spitters

Postby Boadicea » Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:50 pm

Incidentally mine look like the first one in the pics on this thread:
http://www.sareptiles.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6967
"You and I wear the dangerous looseness of doom and find it becoming. Life, for eternal us, is now; and now is much too busy being a little more than everything to seem anything, catastrophic included"- e e cummings
Boadicea
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Boadicea » Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:55 pm

@WW: Many thanks. Self promotion is a virtue when it furthers the education of others :)
Boadicea
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Asian Spitting Cobras

Postby uncutdiamonds » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:20 pm

Boadicea wrote:Now I am upset. Surfed the net for these and got a whole lot of sites advertising stuffed Asian spitters and snake skins :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
For the life of me I cannot understand the human race. :smt021
Can someone please tell me some useful things about LIVE Asian spitters such as:
1. Where exactly in the world do they come from?
2. Is their venom mainly cytotoxic like the other spitters?
3. What is their temperament like in comparison to other cobras?
4. How easy is it to breed them?

I'd be interested into a care sheet as well. Key facts as well. I've seen that theya are lovely active snakes.
uncutdiamonds
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Cobras (Naja sp.)