Green house snakes!

Interspecies breeding and 2 headed snakes are the type of thing that would be discussed here. We are aware that these are controversial issues and some people feel strongly about their opinions on them. Please respect each other's views and keep discussions amicable.

Green house snakes!

Postby Boa » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:52 pm

Hi I am posting this for a good frende they are for sale! GREEN HOUSE SNAKES!!
phone 0798992306
Boa
SA Reptiles member (restricted)

Re: Green house snakes!

Postby Fooble » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:28 pm

Wrong thread.

Umm where are those snakes from?
Locality?
Organized crime comes in more forms than one.
Fooble
Forum gatekeeper

Postby jka » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:34 pm

Zambian Green house snake

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7681
viewtopic.php?f=81&t=10664

They really are great looking the green coloration reminds me a lot of a olive or aurora house snake.
Evolution is an imperfect and often violent process. A battle between what exists, and what is yet to be born.
jka
SA Reptiles Member

Postby RAGE » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:05 am

Please explain boa, Im sure this has been done before in South Africa!

@ JKA and fooble: Educate me please?
LIFES A .........
RAGE
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Boa » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:09 am

Sly will tell you more soon I dont nou to much of them exept that im gona buy a pair lol!
Boa
SA Reptiles member (restricted)

Postby Sly » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:31 am

The Female arrived from up in Africa somewhere, probally Zambia, those babies above are from a Green mother and Albino Father, hence their new name Ilumo House, bred by me first time in S.A., also as far as i understand never been done in UK and American, they are def. a different coloration to their mother and have a bright yellow belly, maybe due to the amel house mix.....These snakes have created quiet a stir in America and Europe........

I have been working with the green mother and various other colour morph males to produce some different colour phase house snakes............i believe def. Lamprophis Capensis, they copulate so easily to our SA Albino and this years Babies Jan 08, males have already started to breed at 9 months to other females that i have of over 1m......

So babies will be aplenty soon, normal greens and het albino greens as well as Ilumo's........

Hope that answer a few questions

anyone wanting to know more can contact me deonnell@vodamail.co.za
Sly
SA Reptiles Member

Postby jka » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:13 am

RAGE wrote:Please explain boa, Im sure this has been done before in South Africa!

@ JKA and fooble: Educate me please?

This is the first breeding that I know if in South African, UK and US but I've heard from a few people on occasion that they had a green phase house snake this makes me think that it was the same as the Zambian Green House Snake but I cant remember them ever telling me that they have successfully breed them.
Evolution is an imperfect and often violent process. A battle between what exists, and what is yet to be born.
jka
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Spoon » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:11 pm

VERY pretty looking little snakes I wouldn't mind getting my hands on some of those... And just to bug Bushviper I'll try cross them with sinaloan milksnakes *GRIN*
Corns : 1.1 Adult Normals het Anery, 0.1 Adult Normal, 1.1 Adult Ghosts (Striped & Aztec), 1.1 Ghost motley het Snow, 1.1 Adult Lavender, 1.1 Adult Opal, 1.1 Adult Amel Motley, 1.1 Bloodreds Het Pewter, Phantom & Hypo; 1.1 Butter; Adult 0.1 Vanishing Stripe; 0.1 Snow. Pythons : 1.1 Ball Pythons
Spoon
SA Reptiles Member

Postby gaboon69 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:42 pm

This makes me a proud South-African.
Our breeders are getting more jacked up by the day.
People who glorify foreign breeders of our indigenous snakes pi** me off.
Lets rule the arena.
Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life ~
Rachel Carson
gaboon69
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Sly » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:34 am

Well spoken gaboon 69....our ind. stuff is exported overseas...they produce all the nice stuff and we have to pay an arm and leg to get those genetics back here..our breeders in South Africa are just as good and knowledgeable, so lets step up to the plate as we have a all the resources in our own backyard.......great herping guys that nice season is upon us again......
Sly
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Spoon » Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:31 pm

Its definitely a fascinating breeding line to work with I wouldn't be suprised given enough time that we could come up with as many morphs of brown house snakes as there are corns!
Corns : 1.1 Adult Normals het Anery, 0.1 Adult Normal, 1.1 Adult Ghosts (Striped & Aztec), 1.1 Ghost motley het Snow, 1.1 Adult Lavender, 1.1 Adult Opal, 1.1 Adult Amel Motley, 1.1 Bloodreds Het Pewter, Phantom & Hypo; 1.1 Butter; Adult 0.1 Vanishing Stripe; 0.1 Snow. Pythons : 1.1 Ball Pythons
Spoon
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bushviper » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:45 pm

Before you get too excited just think that you may be producing a cross between the Cape house snake (L. capensis) and the brown house snake(L. fuliginosus). That is not exactly doing local indigenous herpetofauna a favour.

I for one would not beat the "proudly South African" chest that soundly if I thought I was producing a snake which might become "excess" as they are prolific breeders and could potentially be released by misguided individuals.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby armata » Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:48 pm

Oh dear :(
' I get my kicks on Route 62 '
armata
SA Reptiles Honorary Member

Postby gaboon69 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:46 pm

Bushviper wrote:Before you get too excited just think that you may be producing a cross between the Cape house snake (L. capensis) and the brown house snake(L. fuliginosus). That is not exactly doing local indigenous herpetofauna a favour.
I for one would not beat the "proudly South African" chest that soundly if I thought I was producing a snake which might become "excess" as they are prolific breeders and could potentially be released by misguided individuals.

Your concern is clearly understood BV.
Your concern however is based on an assumption you are making.
Lets have a chat to the breeder who is doing something I respect.
Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life ~
Rachel Carson
gaboon69
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Purple Mangrove viper bite???

Postby Serpy » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:18 pm

Well he did say it was a cross with L. capensis
Serpy
SA Reptiles Member

Next

Return to Reptile hybridisation and genetic anomalies