fat tail

fat tail

Postby lloyd » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:24 pm

opened my tank the other night to remove a annoying cricket in the dark, must have opened one door while closing the other and in the morning found my two albino fat tails gone. my wife found one last night and the other tonight, so stoked, been searching everywhere even the garden
lloyd
SA Reptiles Member

Re: fat tail

Postby imperial exotix » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:59 pm

Lucky you found them in time.If you could post pics it would be great.
imperial exotix
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Fooble » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:19 pm

Lloyd i actually had to look for my lady's leopard gecko which escaped (AGAIN) last night try if it is near under the fridge.
The geckos always tend to seek out the heat
Organized crime comes in more forms than one.
Fooble
Forum gatekeeper

Postby Bushviper » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:28 am

How can you spend money of animals like albino Fat tails and Leopard geckos and not spend money on decent caging?

They dont have suckers and can basically be kept in a cardboard box. Come on guys be more careful. We dont need exotics roaming around and getting eaten by dogs, cats and indigenous animals.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby lloyd » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:19 pm

found them. the one had fallen into his neighbours house below (leopard gecko) will try post pics soon, not too sharp with the pc though

Need to sharpen up the keyboard skills too. Capital letters at the beginning of sentences would be a start.
lloyd
SA Reptiles Member

Postby glencoco » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:22 pm

Bushviper wrote:How can you spend money of animals like albino Fat tails and Leopard geckos and not spend money on decent caging?

They dont have suckers and can basically be kept in a cardboard box. Come on guys be more careful. We dont need exotics roaming around and getting eaten by dogs, cats and indigenous animals.

I think that's kinda unfair to say, I recently lost a kisatchie (snake). He was in a padlocked tub, and I always closed it completely. He managed to open the lid and escape, luckily I found him on my running pc for the warmth.
glencoco
SA Reptiles Member

Postby DmD » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:52 pm

Glencoco, I have to agree...
JUST DO IT
DmD
SA Reptiles Member

Postby lloyd » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:03 pm

Accidents do happen and aren't intended. Hey Bushviper are my keyboard skills sharppening up nicely.
lloyd
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bushviper » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:15 pm

lloyd I am impressed with the keyboard skills. Thanks for that.

For ground dwelling geckos look into having cages made that open at the top if possible. That way they dont go walk about so easily. There are so few around it would be sad to have then killed by some neighbour. I might be mistaken but I think there are only two or three people that could breed them here. Hope you breed yours soon.

I have also lost a few animals through my own stupidity. Since then I try to minimise escapes even more than in the past.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Return to Geckos