Creastie breeding

Creastie breeding

Postby kingspider » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:44 pm

Hi all, I have been reading up on creasties lately,and I read that egg incubation temp should be 70-72 deg Fahrenheit.....that 20-21 degrees Celsius is that right?could you incubate them at room temp in that case?
Also seams to be a bit of conflicting information on length of incubation anything between 60 and 120 days...any ideas from anybody?

Finally any tips and tricks?
kingspider strikes again
kingspider
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Creastie breeding

Postby Cytotoxin » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:35 pm

Hey king

I bred cresties for the first time this year. I got 14 eggs from my girl and all hatched successfully. With the first 4 I kept temp constant @ 20 deg. It varied though between 20-23. They took 2 month longer to hatched, but were bigger than that other eggs I kept between 23-25 deg. First lot took 5 months. Second lot 3 months.

Important to keep you humidity and air flow ALWAYS correct and don't let the eggs get wet for too long. Dry them off with paper towel if you see water on them. I used vermiculite.

Anyway, my 2 cents that worked for me. Wishing you the best of luck!
2.2.0 Corn snakes
1.1.0 Mangrove pit vipers
0.0.3 While lip tree vipers
1.1.4 Crested Geckos
0.0.1 Day gecko
Cytotoxin
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Creastie breeding

Postby kingspider » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:36 am

Awesome thanks

Ja i have bred out a few but very week that's why I started re-researching....ya im a fan of vermiculite the rest of my critters get incubated on that
kingspider strikes again
kingspider
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Geckos