Eating after a 5 week food strike

Eating after a 5 week food strike

Postby Mr Jingles » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:06 pm

After 5 weeks of stressing about Toothless my baby kenyan sand boa not eating, it all came to an end yeah. I have been offerinf him pinkies week afer week and he will constrict them and leave them. Today I saw him sailing around in his tank. Our first sigting of him in weeks. Well I immediatly went out to go get him a pinky. Minutes after offering he took the food he took it and devoured it almost within seconds. Hehe I hid behind the couch and caught some photos
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mr Jingles
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Eating after a 5 week food strike

Postby Mr Jingles » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:11 pm

Last 2
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mr Jingles
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Serpent » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:24 pm

Mr Jingles: 5 weeks without eating for this time of year is normal. Constricting and then abandoning prey is also normal for this time of year. Make sure the snake is warm enough or it may regurgitate.

Nice looking snake. What else do you keep bud?
Serpent
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Mr Jingles » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:28 pm

Oops, hehe, still a first time snake mommy, I didn't even knew that, just got so worried about him not eating. Suppose I won't worry again. I have only the one snake, but my six year old is already telling me that he wants another, so I will start looking into what to put in the extra cage. Other than Toothless the snake, I have Roger the crippled baby beardie and 2 veiled chameleons Sky and Roger. Mr Jingles was my very first cham that we have released after realising we bought an illegal WC flapneck. So he is very happy somewhere on my dad's farm.
Mr Jingles
SA Reptiles Member

Return to African pythons & boas