Some pics from Kruger

Some pics from Kruger

Postby mailjvdb » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:27 pm

This is some pics i had on my PC from previous trips to the Kruger Park.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
www.deviantexotics.co.za
mailjvdb
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Some pics from Kruger

Postby mailjvdb » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:33 pm

some Tortoise pics...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
www.deviantexotics.co.za
mailjvdb
SA Reptiles Member

Postby mailjvdb » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:54 pm

We saw this Melierax metabates sitting on the ground, on closer inspection it was busy trying to catch a Spotted Bush Snake (Philothamnus semivariegatus).

The bird was so cautious, and we watched for about 20minutes as he "bounced" around trying to avoid the snakes harmless bites and trying to subdue his prey. At one point the snake got away, and the bird,to our amazement, started to shake the small bush (the one to the right of the bird in the first picture) until the snake came flying out again, but the bird was obviously ready and waiting, and that's when i started taking pics.

A game truck came by and with the comotion the bird flew into the tree to eat his meal. The people(tourists) in the truck probably thought we were looking at Buffalo or Lion (cause that's all they seem to care about seeing) but after we showed them, they just pulled of dis interested. It's a shame that people don't enjoy the small things in the bush, but at least that left us to enjoy our find in peace and quiet :D
www.deviantexotics.co.za
mailjvdb
SA Reptiles Member

Postby mailjvdb » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:10 am

Here we have another case of people not getting any joy out of the little (yet special) things you encounter in the bush...

I was enjoying this Rock Monitor having a drink from the tar after some much needed rain, when this idiot pulls up, right in front of me,almost on top of the Monitor, not even noticing what i was looking at. Obviously Rocky didn't appreciate doofus coming to visit so he made a run for it.

I hate people like that in the Kruger, rude and obnoxious, usually not really interested in anything except for getting to camp to drink some beer! I have seen some crazy and very ignorant people on sa-fa-rey. :smt013 On Kruger's website there are pics of idiots getting out of their cars in VERY VERY close proximity to a pride of lions feasting on a kill, now that's just ludicrous, Vrystaat boertjie or not!!!
www.deviantexotics.co.za
mailjvdb
SA Reptiles Member

Postby mailjvdb » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:38 am

and Lastly...
www.deviantexotics.co.za
mailjvdb
SA Reptiles Member

Postby MISA » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:51 am

That photo of the three torti's crossing the road is awesome!
"I have absolutely NO tolerance for stupidity and self-inflicted pain borne out of the greed to gain at another’s expense."
(Made_In_SA 09)

1.0 -Matindane (WC)
1.0 -Mkhovu (WC)
1.0 -Tokoloshe (CB)
1.0.1 -Angasi (WC)
MISA
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bushviper » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:59 am

Yes we all know what those two small males had in mind with the big tortoise girl.

People should be encouraged to get out of their cars. That way we get rid of the stupid people and it makes for good photographs.

I have always been lucky in Kruger finding snakes that you dont come across every day. Pity the people on sa-fa-rey do not appreciate them
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby mailjvdb » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:51 am

Bushviper wrote:People should be encouraged to get out of their cars. That way we get rid of the stupid people and it makes for good photographs.

Some call it an accident, i call it natural selction :lol:
www.deviantexotics.co.za
mailjvdb
SA Reptiles Member

Postby armata » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:27 am

That's why I just love the signs in Addo 'Dung beetles have right of way'.
' I get my kicks on Route 62 '
armata
SA Reptiles Honorary Member

Postby BushSnake » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:54 pm

I've had to get out of my vehicle in Kruger.... because Parksboard closed off a road that I was in and didn't actually check if there were people on the wrong side of the barrier :)

Strange how I get upset when I have to travel down the N1 at 60km/h because of traffic, yet I have no problem with driving for a whole day in a nature reserve at 20km/h...

(BTW - nice post, thanks for sharing)
We must remember that a photograph can hold just as much as we put into it, and no one has ever approached the full possibilities of the medium - Ansel Adams
BushSnake
SA Reptiles Honorary Member

Postby Silvrav » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:40 pm

Just awesome pics....I think I need to visit Kruger soon :)
Carpet Python - Morelia spilota cheynei
Silvrav
SA Reptiles Member

Postby mailjvdb » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:42 pm

Thank you for the compliments all :D You should surly do yourself the favor and go have a look at what this magnificent piece of Africa has to offer!
www.deviantexotics.co.za
mailjvdb
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Mpumalanga