HELP! - Green tree python vs. mold

Re: HELP! - Green tree python vs. mold

Postby Brennanm » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:07 pm

Hi Izzy

Thanks so much :) where will i find this book? Is it available as an ebook?

FYI - in my mind, the snake was too expensive. But i was not the one that bought it. My boss bought it in excitement but i am the "Keeper" for all the reptiles in our office as well as this snake. I am a huge reptile lover but i could just never afford what i wanted. So as you can imagine, i have grown very attached to all our pets(2 leopard geckos, 2 day geckos, 1 gooty shappire and 1 red & white T) so i will take care of this snake to the best of my ability but i get so worried that something will happen to it. So thanks for the advice to the "Inexperienced questions" i really appreciate it. Truth is, i am inexperienced when it comes to snakes. so that's why i have to become experienced quickly :D

Maybe it was silly of him to buy such a snake with our limited expertise, but we have it now. So now i want to give it the best life possible.

She does eat well. I give her a pinky a week and she goes mad with it. Someone said i should give her 2 and see if she takes it. The way she goes on, she would prob take 5 at once if she could. Do you think one a week is good or should i give her 2 a week?
Brennanm
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Blake » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:20 pm

I must agree with izzy. Getting the more complete chondro will be a major help. After buying my GTP's buying that book was probably one of the best things I have done.
Blake
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Blake » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:25 pm

I feed mine 3 once a week. But I feed two weeks on than the third week I skip a feed.

There's a pet store in edenvale called repzotix they have a few copies of the book. That's where I got mine from.
Blake
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Blake » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:28 pm

You could also try akwa pet products.
Blake
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Izzy » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:24 pm

I got mine at Airport Pets in Zambezi drive in Pretoria they have a branch in Kempton Park as well. They are out of print as far as i know so you may have to dig and be prepared to pay mine cost me R850, but worth every penny as i have said.

BTW if i don't miss understand your post, you keep all your reptiles in one terrarium with partitions? I would advise that you get a separate terrarium asap for you GTP as her needs are quit diffident from you geckos. With not to much effort a (not so cheap) exo terra terrarium could be used and when she outgrows that one the geckos and she can get a upgrade. :-P

As for feeding 2 pinks every 10 days at 8 moths should be ok. Please be mindful that this species like to beg for food, DO NOT BE FOOLED IN TO OVERFEEDING! :!: as this bring more complications that pleasures.
2x Albino Radiated Rat Snakes - Izzy & Yoka
2x Morelia viridis Nakita & Little one
1x Python regius Spider
1x Python regius Cinnamon
1x Python regius Het Albino
1x Python regius Yellow belly
1x Rainbow Boa
Izzy
SA Reptiles Member

Postby LAMB Pythons » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:40 pm

Here`s some good info on handling.

Edited because I've embed the wrong link.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/LAMB-Pythons/160412530658527 (Feel free to join my FB page)
Neels Van der Merwe, and these are my snakes I keep.
11.13.0 Python Regius (Ball/Royal Pythons)
1.1.0 Heterodon nasicus (Western Hognose)
0.1.0 Pantherophis guttatus (Corn snake)
LAMB Pythons
SA Reptiles Member

Previous

Return to Green tree pythons (Morelia viridis)