My Iguana - Monster

Re: My Iguana - Monster

Postby kinghero » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:44 pm

:smt017 Mine is fine when I take him out the cage, he just really hates going back, and that's when he swipes at me with his tail. but he has never tried to bite.
kinghero
SA Reptiles Member

Postby jvanzijl » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:40 pm

20120416_144009 [640x480].jpg
i managed to get Monster his new harness this weekend... and some pics with my Chameleon - Juggernaut out side in the sun ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Iguana : Monster
Chameleon : Juggernaut
Unamastyx : Spoednik & Gorgyle
jvanzijl
SA Reptiles Member

Postby cvanvollenstee » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:04 pm

Looking good, So you see how this is better.

I like your camelion did you have him from hatchling?
1. Green Iguana Male called Sarel See Monster
cvanvollenstee
SA Reptiles Member

Postby jvanzijl » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:13 pm

thanks for your advice ... its much better and he doint feel so agitated all the time when its on ...

One of my friends took is from people who did not care for it and got MBD so he called me to assist... so i have him for around 1 year and his really a cool repti.. they sit together in the sun every weekend.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
jvanzijl
SA Reptiles Member

Postby jvanzijl » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:16 pm

im thinking of going into gargoyle gecko's and crested gecko's is there any money in them as a breeder???
jvanzijl
SA Reptiles Member

Postby cvanvollenstee » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:26 am

I do not know, I have never made a profit out of reptiles. I just keep them for the joy of it. Mabey if my iggies makes some young I will try and sell them.
cvanvollenstee
SA Reptiles Member

Postby jvanzijl » Sun May 27, 2012 10:26 pm

im selling or swoping him if your interested
jvanzijl
SA Reptiles Member

Postby cvanvollenstee » Mon May 28, 2012 10:15 am

Why are you getting rid of your iggy?
cvanvollenstee
SA Reptiles Member

Postby jvanzijl » Tue May 29, 2012 10:01 am

the Muncipality give me a go ahead to build on my flat basically for him a cage... now suddenly they declined it and im now stuck.... my iggy will get bigger and i doint have the space for him to roam around.... :( so i will rather sell or exchange for something smaller

im heart broken
jvanzijl
SA Reptiles Member

Postby cordsally » Thu May 31, 2012 3:55 pm

Mr.jvanzijl, how amazing and wonderful life you live, i feel jealous of you, may god give me a chance......... :smt022
cordsally
SA Reptiles Member

Postby jvanzijl » Thu May 31, 2012 7:21 pm

what do you mean..???

im going to make my flat Iguana proof so he can roam in the flat... i hope he likes it tho
jvanzijl
SA Reptiles Member

Postby cvanvollenstee » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:17 pm

I have trained my iguanas to stay in the house, they know where they sleep and eat and they roam freely in the house. I leave the doors open to the outside and they wil go to the sun cage and not furthure. You must do the same, and potty train him as wel and make sure you stay dominant.

regards
C
cvanvollenstee
SA Reptiles Member

Postby jvanzijl » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:13 pm

how exactly do you stay dominate?? he is so arrogant at the moment, bit, hissing and some time swinging his tail towards me the last week

doint know what is up with him
jvanzijl
SA Reptiles Member

Postby cvanvollenstee » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:33 pm

They will bob their head and attack you and tail whip you. What I did was every time he did his little dominant act against me I iritaded him until he walks away, yes he bit me stuffed up but I just kept on going at him. I f he bit me realy soar hy would flick him with my fingers against the protective part of his neck so he knows I can also be destructive but be carefull not to realy hurt him when doing this. Another thing to train him is if he is doing something wrong and you catch him in the act (you are going to laugh) you raise his tail and slap him with your fingersbbetween his two hind legs but not hard to hurt him. When I did it and I won the battle mine would be very unsertain of what he must do next, what I do is then just pick him up after a while and give him a hug, mine realy responded well with this, like mine would never climb my curtains or the external pumps tubes to get to the fishes. I very good thing also to do is when you sit at night and watching tv is to pick him up and sit him next to you while watching tv and when he walk away to his cage you pick him up again and put him next to you at the tv (do this for about 3 times) and then after that let him walk back to his cage. When you are the dominat one you will see that you can leave the cage doors open for him to walk freely in the house (just make sure you stay dominant other wise he will take your whole house as the domain and you must submit that will not be very nice.)

Regards
C
cvanvollenstee
SA Reptiles Member

Postby jvanzijl » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:19 am

THANK YOU or the advice !!

I take him out every night and walk with him on my shoulder after a fight tho ... but then he fall asleep heheh... but this is very good advice and ill use it

thank you again
:smt006
jvanzijl
SA Reptiles Member

Previous

Return to American Lizards