Exposed!? Please Read...

Anything you think we should know about that is not reptile related can be posted here.

Re: Exposed!? Please Read...

Postby Groenslang » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:15 pm

Next time on The Bold and the Beautiful... You just have to love one hit wonders! G I'm glad to hear the rejuvination cream is working BV, might purchase some seeing that I also want to relive my school years. Please BAN!
The future depends on what we do in the present. - Mahatma Gandhi

Arno Davies
Groenslang
SA Reptiles Member

Postby andy777 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:22 am

Most immature rubbish I have ever read. I do feel a forum like this should be notified of abuse etc even if it some ones own opinion however not in this way! You have wasted all of our time with your one sided baseless opinion and it is riddled with flaws in all of your arguments. Your writing is atrocious!
andy777
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Wvipera » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:38 am

Unbelievable!!!

Some clarity:

Firstly the snakes in question (B. nasicornis, B. rhinocerus and the false water cobra). I was asked to care for the two bitis sp by the accused (because he did not know how to) which i did successfully for well over a year - unfortunately yes both died in my care at different intervals. Both animals were kept in accordance with their every requirement (cage size, substrate, temp, humidity, feeding, misting etc), i sent them for post mortem at my cost to discover cause of death - B nasicornis gastric necrosis due to abcess and B rhinocerus hepatic lipidosis (and only fed 1 young rat every 3 weeks).
"yes they died but I need the space" - thats ridiculous, i have plenty of space and wouldn't have accepted the animals if I didn't, and i notified the owner when the animals were not doing well and on their individual deaths. I would not be happy for the death of any animal.

As for the false water cobra - it was brought to my attention that the animal had a cut on its head - i examined it and asked the accused to take it to the vet on my behalf as my work commitments would not allow me sufficient time to do so. Never did I say that " Wesley had told my friend to kill the snake" - why would I tell someone to kill a snake if all it needed was a stitch or two and some antiseptic ointments. Recently after the snake was returned in light of the theft - I still took the falsie to the vet for attention - it is recovering well as we speak.

"He has the experience to self medicate his own reptiles and he has the ability to care for any reptile" interesting as for every species and animal the person in question attained - he would ask me for advice on keeping requirements, venom toxicity etc - and I myself had to on numerous occasions give advice, hands on treatment or take an animal of his to a vet because he did not know what was wrong with it. I treated the same burmese python 3 times for respiratory infection - because the python was always out of its cage and out in public even at night (there was a post a year or so ago about this).

I am a qualified physiotherapist now and so my available free time is limited and unfortunately i cannot spend as much time with Clives collection as i used to when i was a student. I do go at least once a week to inspect all animals and caging to ensure that all animals are in good condition.
The facility was inspected by SPCA, Nat Con and an independent vet since the robbery - and they were happy with everything and the condition of every animal.

Justin and the puffy bite - he did indeed catch and keep that puffy, when i found out about it i strongly advised that he get rid of it as it was not safe for him keep. I voiced my concerns, and yes said he probably would get bitten as he is inexperienced and young and wreckless - any my predictions were correct - unfortunately.

I have been working with Clive for 6 years now - and have assisted him in various ways - none of which included stealing animals and lying about their deaths so that i could sell them behind his back. I have sold numerous animals on Clives behalf - and all were upfront deals.

As for young inexperienced children handling or feeding venomous snakes - insane!
I drafted a set of rules for the volunteer program and it clearly states and is regularly enforced and spoken about that under no circumstances are inexperienced or children under the age of 16 to touch a venomous snake cage let alone the snake within.

I hope this may shed light on that ridiculous post, easy to hide behind a username and try shift focus from the guilt of the crime - the evidence speaks.
Wvipera
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Carpetpythons » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:17 pm

This guy is definitely hanging off his crack pipe!
Carpetpythons
SA Reptiles Member

Postby rolandslf » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:02 am

Eish, what a load of Bollocks. Someone must be guilty of something here, if so much time and effort is poured into a defence.

BV - My respect for you has just gone up another notch because of your willingness to restore this persons honour when you congratulated him for his loyalty to his "Friend". I may be wrong, but I think the writer is actually the accused.

As for the writer who in his 4th post on the Forum, chose to lash out at said Forum so vehemently, I say he should just be banned.
It is better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On.
Roland Friskin
rolandslf
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Mamba Man » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:05 am

This is Trent Greef and I would love to ask why you would write that load of rubbish. You claim to have this amazing park in Sandton. You have been promising to take me there but never have, so I have got to wonder does this park really exist??????????????
Mamba Man
SA Reptiles Member

Postby froot » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:06 pm

This is Trent Greef

In your first post you said you were Clive Reid?
We salute the improvement of the human genome by honoring those who remove themselves from it.
Of necessity, this honor is generally bestowed posthumously. - www.darwinawards.com
froot
Founder Member

Postby groovy » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:09 pm

I can't wait to see the explanation.. :lol:
groovy
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Mitton » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:40 pm

Maybe he meant it was Trent Greef who started this thread?
www.moreliapythons.co.za
Mitton
Forum gatekeeper

Postby Snake Charmer » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:08 pm

michaelanton wrote:
We as a community can’t support people being irresponsible or neglecting the reptiles we love so much. Now is the time for all of us to stand together and fight for our beliefs. All the snake parks and all the zoo’s neglect our reptiles and we need to start getting explanations as to why they get permits and we don’t. Having friends in high places means nothing. Nature Conservation, Tops and SPCA needs to find a way to offer permits to the people that can look after reptiles the way the reptiles deserve to be looked after.

I'm sorry to say, but I am HIGHLY p*ssed off and offended by your statement that "all the snake parks and all the zoo's neglect our reptiles".

What and who the hell gives you the right to make such a statement?!

Please get your facts straight before you start making comments and statements like the above. And another thing ... we don't have friends in high places - we do it the right way - the first time!

Good gosh, my head is so deurmekaar after reading this mumble jumble. :smt017
Repetition builds confidence!

MP
Snake Charmer
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Spider » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:18 pm

Well guys you can't complain, this does make one very entertaining read :D
“When spider webs unite, they can tie up a lion”
Spider
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Snake Charmer » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:24 pm

Spider wrote:Well guys you can't complain, this does make one very entertaining read :D

Yes, the only thing missing right now is my popcorn and soda ...
Repetition builds confidence!

MP
Snake Charmer
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Ales » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:22 pm

froot wrote:
This is Trent Greef

In your first post you said you were Clive Reid?

I think maybe Clive let Trent write a message on here,using Clive's computer,as I don't think Trent is a member.
I know that the accused did promise Trent to take him to this amazing park he has( that no one has heard of).
What a world....
Ales
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Ales » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:30 pm

''The people that identified the reptiles on behalf of Clive managed to identify a Blood python as Burmese python. Is this who you bring to identify snakes? ''

Now that I read this again,we don't even have a blood python at the park and never have!
What a world....
Ales
SA Reptiles Member

Postby undercover » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:34 pm

Hi Guys.
Clive Reid here, owner of Hunyani Reptile Educational and Breeding Centre, SnakeCity. 17 Voortrekker Ave Edenvale. Open to the public Mon- Sat 9am- 5pm.
I hereby extend an invitation to all who have read this a free visit to our park in the month of May 2011. All you have to do to come in for free is to say you have read this on SA Reptiles. You will be allowed to go through the park and if you wish to, also to our Snake Room and Rodent room which is normally closed to the public. I do this so you can judge for yourself the condition of the park and reptiles.
I also extend an invitation to anyone who has knowledge of me supplying any child a legal or illegal venomous snake to put that information on this forum.
As this whole case is still under investigation from the SAP I am limited to what I would like to say in public.
... and yes Trent did use my computer on his own, to send his remark.
undercover
SA Reptiles Member

PreviousNext

Return to News