Australian water dragons

Postby Corncrazy » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:24 pm

Wat do they eat jst veggies or also cricks?
Dayne
Corncrazy
SA Reptiles Support

Postby Bushviper » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:26 pm

Damn Pinky, I must get myself some of those. They are pretty.

I like the cage too. Have you thought of a blow up swimming pool for them yet? Seriously though you should possibly look into a water bowl with a drain so that you dont have to lug 3 kilogrammes of water bowl around. That is less than an anthill though.

I saw some for sale a while ago and I think they went for R1800 a baby. Even in the UK they are expensive but are a bit cheaper in the States.

They are hardier than chinese water dragons and become more tame than beardies. I hope these grow well and breed within a few years so that other people can have fun with them too.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby Dead_puppy » Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:02 pm

LOL pinky, i think we all want to c a video of that jumping thing.
A friend in need is a friend indeed, but a friend with herps is better.
Dead_puppy
SA Reptiles Member

Postby neko » Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:46 pm

lol @ BV. I'm seriously considering a filtration system of some sort. I just need to see what I need to make it work. A cage moving session might be required in the lizard room though.... again..

Wat do they eat jst veggies or also cricks?

All insects. Crickets, mealworms, silkworms. Eventually superworms, and the occasional mouse. They do also eat soft fruits. Stuff like banana, strawberry etc. These will only eat peach purity though. I've tried the real stuff, but they aren't interested. Apparantly they can also eat dog food, but I figure live food is so much more interesting :)
It's peanutbutter jelly time! GET SOME!!
neko
SA Reptiles Honorary Member

Postby Jantus » Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:15 pm

Hi Pinkie.

Some gorgeous dragons you got there! Do yours also cr@p in the water as much as mine do? Sometimes I have to change the water several times a day. I've also been thinking of something like a filtration system or like BV said a drainage system.

Let me know what you find to work the best.

Cheers
Jantus
SA Reptiles Member

Postby froot » Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:39 am

All you need to do is go out and find a small perinnial stream with clean water. Then you build your reptile room over it and then their cage in the stream so that the water in the cage is continually being flushed......easy :cool:
We salute the improvement of the human genome by honoring those who remove themselves from it.
Of necessity, this honor is generally bestowed posthumously. - www.darwinawards.com
froot
Founder Member

Postby Bushviper » Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:24 pm

Pinky I got you a book on Australian Water Dragons. Possibly you should read this before you move all your cages again. Very very interesting ideas from a man who has breed 1700 of these dragons. He seems to have a vague idea of what to do!
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Previous

Return to Australasian Lizards