Eish....

At one stage or the other, we all deal with a death. It is never nice losing a pet and thus, you can share your loss with the rest of us and share your memories so that they will be remembered.

Eish....

Postby neko » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:51 am

I've been trying to catch up on the site a bit, and simply couldn't believe the run of bad luck that some of you guys have had in the last year. I gave up my entire collection (except my 10 year old Iguana) in the beginning of 2008 after my racking system thermostats malfunctioned. I lost a ridiculous amount of animals, and more than half of them didn't even belong to me. I couldn't go on, and threw in the towel. Sold or gave away my entire collection, resigned from the site and dissapeared off the reptile radar. I've now realised that these little buggers are in my blood. I simply must have them around. I love reptiles. I've turned over a different leaf, changed my username and my bf and I've been slowly building up the collection again.

What I'm trying to say is, kudos to everyone who's suffered these terrible losses and kept on going. I reckon once you've kept and bred these guys, you can't simply give them up.

All animals come with a lifetime guarantee. Sometimes they just all run out at the same time.
It's peanutbutter jelly time! GET SOME!!
neko
SA Reptiles Honorary Member

Re: Eish....

Postby Mamba no 5 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:05 am

Welcome back!
Good luck with building up your collection again.
Regards Mamba no 5.
(insert inspiring quote here)
Mamba no 5
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Whitelipp » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:10 am

Neko yes many of us lost animals in 2009 and I wanted to sell all my snakes a week ago. I did sell some and I am regretting it. But now I am so excited to get more snakes and get my hypo redtails breeding soon.
As you said once you start keeping reptiles its never ending. Welcome back and remember we all have our good and bad times.
Dont bite, strike!!!!

Dont keep it real, keep it EXOTIC!!!
Whitelipp
SA Reptiles Member

Postby warbot » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:51 am

I lost a couple!
2 x Kenyan sand boas, they were doing great and my timer f....out and they literally boiled to death, it was a horrific sight, and we were in Limpopo that week
At the same time
2 x Sandveld lizards, same story
1 x humming bird, that was kicked from nest (1 of 2, the other died) we had it for 4 days, and kept it alive very well, and then just died
1 x Kukri snake, after ordering my male from Switzerland, still on its way and paid for.
All my geckos!
And my two eastern tiger snakes escaped somehow after dropping 14eggs
I am currently sitting with 6 empty cages, but I am getting myself some new snakes as soon as I have some spare cash, first want to get the cages perfect before buying anything.

But welcome back! And good luck with your collection!
“Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.”
- by Jim Rohn -
warbot
This member has been banned

Postby rolandslf » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:39 pm

@ neko - Took you a long time to admit to your addiction :lol:
Seriously though, welcome back ;)
It is better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On.
Roland Friskin
rolandslf
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Bushviper » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:59 pm

Neko welcome back.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Those who are afraid to ask are ashamed of learning.
Bushviper
Founder Member

Postby Bushbaby » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:54 pm

Welcome Back Pi....Neko :p
http://www.snakebiteassist.co.za
http://www.reptileexpo.co.za
http://www.boaconstrictors.co.za
Bushbaby
SA Reptiles Admin

Postby froot » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:01 am

All animals come with a lifetime guarantee. Sometimes they just all run out at the same time.

LOL!

Neko...? I've been sitting here wondering who the hell this user thinks she is taking liberties by cordially plonking herself in the honorary members group! And then penny fell.
Hope your new leaf is a nice happy one.
We salute the improvement of the human genome by honoring those who remove themselves from it.
Of necessity, this honor is generally bestowed posthumously. - www.darwinawards.com
froot
Founder Member

Return to RIP