Piglets supply

Questions and suggestions regarding reptile cuisine.

Piglets supply

Postby Sico » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:59 am

Guys I will shortly be stocking a supply of piglets. I have through Don found a pig farm willing to supply these, the guy I spoke to this morning said that the piglets range in size from (mostly) around the 1kg mark, up to (occasionally) 9kg. I am going to be taking a chest freezer out there this week, and will probably do the first collection in a week or two, this is dependant on how quickly he can fill up the freezer. I have a freezer at my place where I will keep the stock. To cover my costs i'll be asking R15.00 for piglets up to 3kg, and R30.00 for piglets larger than that. The guy has assured me that all of them will be freshly deceased, with no signs of infection/illness/decomposition, and they will dispose of these through their normal methods.
If you are interested in getting some, pm me your email address with your requirements and I will get back to you.
Mark
Good judgment comes from experience. Unfortunately, experience usually comes from bad judgment.
Sico
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Piglets supply

Postby Sico » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:24 pm

Right, I purchased a chest freezer this morning and delivered it out to the farm. I told them I will do the first collection on Monday 14th, we'll see what they have by then and I will let you know, I'll probably do it very two weeks after that, depending on how quickly they can fill the freezer up for me.
Mark
Good judgment comes from experience. Unfortunately, experience usually comes from bad judgment.
Sico
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Sico » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:26 pm

Piglets currently in stock - <1kg x 16, 1-2kg x 44 all @ R15 each. I also have some guinea pigs which I need to get rid of to make space in the freezer for piglets, They're R30 each (what I paid for them) between 500-600g x11, 600-700g x9, >1kg x4. All frozen. Doing another piglet collection late this week, so I need the space.
sms on 073 6099 452
Mark
Sico
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Marilize » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:04 am

Is there any chance you are still stocking piglets? Where in the country are you situated? Thanks!
Marilize
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Sico » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:33 pm

Yes I am, and I have plenty in stock, although I am expecting a large order to go out shortly. Sms me 073 6099 452, East Rand (JHB)
Mark
Sico
SA Reptiles Member

Postby stef » Sat May 03, 2014 8:00 pm

Hdo you still have some piggies
stef
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Reptile cuisine