Abusing of snakes on Killer Karaoke

This section is for debates, Quizzes and Competitions. Please keep the debates clean, no name calling, etc. Have fun!
Check back often to see the latest Competitions and progress thereof.

Abusing of snakes on Killer Karaoke

Postby Respecturreptile » Wed May 15, 2013 8:26 pm

Hey all.
Just searched this topic and maybe I overlooked it, but can't seem to find any discussions on this.
Has anyone seen the show, hosted by Steve-O called Killer Karaoke?
I saw it last night for the first time and it's still bugging me. He dumps bucket loads of snakes into ice cold water... how safe is that for the snakes? Also, it appears to be various species??? how??
Am I over reacting? People are already negative enough about snakes and this just spikes their fears and ignorance even more.
Any thoughts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKRlEJqI1mg
Rattlesnakes, sand boas, ball python, corns, milks,kings, hognose, copperheads, rat snakes, anaconda, white lip, garter,spiders.
Respecturreptile
SA Reptiles Member

Re: Abusing of snakes on Killer Karaoke

Postby scotty121 » Thu May 16, 2013 12:42 am

I've seen this to. I read or got told, honestly can not remember as it was awhile ago, that most of the snakes in that tank drowned and some froze to death, there was various species such as; Ball pythons, Corn Snakes, Burmese python, Boa Constrictors, Carpet pythons and a few more. I was enraged by seeing this, I actually wrote a Email to them with no response.
If at first you don't succeed it won't hurt to smoke some weed, Dr Dre.
scotty121
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Blake » Thu May 16, 2013 8:08 am

I think it's pathetic that they were even allowed to put that on national tv.
Blake
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Respecturreptile » Thu May 16, 2013 2:50 pm

So glad I'm not the only one that thinks this is insane. Besides that though, is it really possible to hold so many species without them killing each other? I mean... if I had to put my Ball Python and corns together I am certain someone will get hurt?
Rattlesnakes, sand boas, ball python, corns, milks,kings, hognose, copperheads, rat snakes, anaconda, white lip, garter,spiders.
Respecturreptile
SA Reptiles Member

Postby scotty121 » Fri May 17, 2013 1:16 am

I would not have a clue whether one or the other snake would attack each other, would rather wait on a expert for their advice.
But I do know, corns and balls do come from different continents so neither one of them could survive the others living needs. But all these snakes chucked into one big tank of freezing water, I am sure they are all trying to find a way out to save themselves rather than to kill/attack each other.
If at first you don't succeed it won't hurt to smoke some weed, Dr Dre.
scotty121
SA Reptiles Member

Postby Blake » Fri May 17, 2013 7:17 am

I do agree with Scotty
Blake
SA Reptiles Member

Return to Debate, Quiz and Competition Forum